Do you have a "signature" style?

Victorian

old head
Do you have a \"signature\" style?

Do you have a certain style you always go back to after your "experiments"? Are you known for wearing your hair a certain way? If you change your hair a lot, what is your fav style?

Ever since I started doing my own hair, my signature style became a low ponytail with the ends tucked up, hair parted in the middle. My mom calls it "the knob"
laugh.gif
. I started doing it because whenever I'm running late, I can do it in less than a minute and it still looks decent.
Whenever I wear it down, which isn't often, it is always still parted in the middle with a little elastic headband and bumped at the ends.
I think I need to try something new (part of my reason for starting this thread)...

Re: Do you have a \"signature\" style?

I have been wearing "MY SIGNATURE" Cleopatra-Style Bob hair style for 7 years now. I've had different lengths with this style. I am currently growing my hair out from the earlobe Bob cut I had last year. I allowed it to grow up to my chin and I kept that length for several months. My hair is currently a few inches past my shoulders. If I styled my hair any other way, my friends, family, and co-workers would be SHOCKED. My bangs make the cut unique and classic.
My hair style fits my face and nothing compares to it!

For as long as I can remember I have always worn my hair in a pony tail. Since I have joined this board, all I do now is buns, buns, buns for protection of my ends. When I accomplish my hair goals, I will definitely try new things....I am such a plain jane though.

Lately, it's been a part on the side with a ponytail with the ends curled up into the scrunchie...or a twisty pinned up look with a barrette.

I usually wear my hair is sleeked back back in a mid-high ponytail, not high and not low. I really like this look cause, my ponytail is really sleek, with body.

Ever since I've been natural, I've been wearing two strand twists. I wear them in every way. Twists with cornrows, twists with flat twists, twists with bantu knots, yada, yada, yada. I love twists because they're easy to do and they suit my face.

my thing is my puff. i am the only girl, my age, with an afro in my hood so i always detectable. but when my hair is straight or has part in it, it's is always a side part, always on my left.

[ QUOTE ]
Ever since I've been natural, I've been wearing two strand twists. I wear them in every way. Twists with cornrows, twists with flat twists, twists with bantu knots, yada, yada, yada. I love twists because they're easy to do and they suit my face.

[/ QUOTE ]

2-strand twisteses were my "signature" 'do when I was completely natural, too!
laugh.gif

In about a year, I'll be back to that. It's a very rewarding, flexible style, and I miss it. In about a year, I'll be twisting again...

Well I figured since we're all working on growing our hair, there would be a lot of buns and other protective styles
laugh.gif
Maybe I should try parting my hair on the SIDE!
shocked.gif

One day, when I go natural (I'm sure it's going to happen eventually), I'm going to grow it out and wear it in two little afro puffs. I think it's so cute. But as for now, during my relaxed hair journey, I'm gonna be sportin variations of "the knob"

Mostly Ponytails or braids for the summer. I condition wash every day and so I have to keep it simple.

[ QUOTE ]
My signature style is the infamous bun.
laugh.gif
It works for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too!
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My signature style is the infamous bun.
laugh.gif
It works for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too!
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Me three!
laugh.gif

When my hair was shorter it was the flip. I was wearing that style long before it became popular. Got it from Meg Ryan.

Now that my hair is growing longer, I'm like everyone else and wearing a bun. Mine always has a part on the side.

My signature stule would most definately have to be my hair pinned up, whether it pressed or natural or like now in twists its something i just cannot help to avoid

my signature style is loose, layered, straight hair that has a high side part...

everytime i try something new-flat twist, spiral curls, or crimps-s shape- everyone says, "i like it but you look better with straight hair."
ohwell.gif

i used to love wearing "bobs" (the asymmetrical cut-short in the back gradually getting longer in the front and ending at my chin)

Twist or braid outs
smile.gif

When i'm on my "moisture blast" kick, then it's the bun. This way i can CO wash everyday or every 2 days without ruining my style
smile.gif

Depending on the year I have different signature styles. One year it was one long plait down my back. For a few more years it was the sleek never a hair out of place wrap...I always wore my hair down during that time. At the end of high school and the beginning of college my sig look was the "Aaliyah." I then cut my hair to a bob, burnt a big chuck out the back of my head and now I don't have a sig look...I alternate between the style I hate, the big bad bun (sorry bun wearers, I just hate buns). And my shake and go, which always looks different depending on the way my hair feels that day.

weird.gif
Ponytails in the summer with feathered bangs. And a feathered in the front bob. My sister calls it the big swoosh!!

Unfortunately, yes. I have no clue how to style my hair so whenever I get it done, it's always in a boring long bob with an old man part on the side.
sleep8.gif

Whenever I have it in a protective style (I like french, dutch, and classic braids)see this site I always look like a tired version of Lara Croft.
sleeping.gif

Well someone bumped a thread about a lady who wore a bun for a year and her hair grew 9 inches.....9 inches...all LHCF ladies...grab your rulers....9 INCHES
shocked.gif
so I'm sort of doing a bun out challenge for a year...so buns it is.

My current style is a bun, but if I've airdryed the night before I do a twist up with my curlies out pinned with a decorative clip (my sis-in-law commented on me needing to "do" my hair). Pre-LHCF, and pre-short cut, I doobied myself to death.

While I'm on vacation it's twists but at work it's mostly a low ponytail, which I am sooo sick of!
boring.gif

maybe I should try a bun ...

For me it is the 2 strand twists and afro. I have been thinking I need to add some flat twists in the front or something to switch it up, but I am feeling kinda lazy.

[ QUOTE ]
When i'm on my "moisture blast" kick, then it's the bun. This way i can CO wash everyday or every 2 days without ruining my style
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep! I do the same....great way to revive dry hair. My hair absolutley loves this...plus I tink the bun being damp most of the day is good for my hair.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Well someone bumped a thread about a lady who wore a bun for a year and her hair grew 9 inches.....9 inches...all LHCF ladies...grab your rulers....9 INCHES
shocked.gif
so I'm sort of doing a bun out challenge for a year...so buns it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

9 INCHES? Well let me go out and get some cute scrunchies and hair clips, cuz I'm about to get my bun on!
laugh.gif

My signature style is "half up, half down." (The front up in a ponytail, with the back out).

Now that my hair is longer though, I switch up a lot. I do all kinds of ponytails -high, mid, low, and to one side. I don't love buns but I do them once in a blue moon (usually at the beach or pool!!). I love having hair long enough to do a lot of things with!!

Back