What protective style works for you?

Protective style....what's that?
laugh.gif
Just kidding I have not been doing any for a while now, but I think I'm going to get braids on and off until my graduation in December...I'm trying to really step up this growing and accumulation of length for the big day!
smile.gif

Sweetpea, your bun is beautiful! I can't wait to get enough hair to do that. I'm almost there. Until then i'm stuck wearing this drawstring pony tail!!

[ QUOTE ]
oh! I wasn't even looking there, I thought that was something else (angle I was looking at). Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem

[ QUOTE ]
Sweetpea, your bun is beautiful! I can't wait to get enough hair to do that. I'm almost there. Until then i'm stuck wearing this drawstring pony tail!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Stylepink!

you can see my favorite protective style in my photo gallery.

It's a series of cornrows braided straight back and the ends are in a baggie with oil (not a lot) and then covered with a scarf

I usually wear mine all back twisted and pinned under. How is a braid out a protective style? Aren't the ends exposed with that?

Bun donut successful!
I purchased 1 from sally's and i'm LUVIN IT! I bought a relatively thin one because I don't have enough hair to wrap around a larger ones. I didn't think I was gonna have enough hair at all, but even though I can't do it myself (I gotta get my mum to do it
grin.gif
), I finally got it to work
bdance.gif

Now I just gotta get some silk/satin fabric from walmart to cover it with. Does anybody know how much a little of that would cost approximatly?

karezone said:
None of them. All of them resulted in breakage.

Hey fellow North Carolinian! I have to say it really depends on what you use and how you use it. I like to use buns, ponytails, braids and sew-ins. I have always maintain growth with these. The pony tails I have to be cautious with because of the string though.

BTW. has anyone seen the ones with the ribbons? Do you know where I might find one? I have been trying to fogure out a way to cover the drawstring.:) Happy growing and happy Friday y'all!

Back