Do you have a "signature" style?

Re: Do you have a \"signature\" style?

The bun
newbie.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When i'm on my "moisture blast" kick, then it's the bun. This way i can CO wash everyday or every 2 days without ruining my style
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep! I do the same....great way to revive dry hair. My hair absolutley loves this...plus I tink the bun being damp most of the day is good for my hair.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Me too, me too!
trampoline.gif
When I'm wearing it down, it's just a part down the middle, plain and simple.

My signature style is a wavy ponytail claw at this time.
My wanna be "signature style" is left part wearing it down shoulder length...working on it though.
smile.gif

My signature styles are buns with chopsticks (I can't wear my bun any other way), braidouts/twistouts now, and if I wear my hair out I always always wear a headband with the front parted or straight back. I am also starting to like the chignon pulled low in the back to the side.

Question:
How do you get the bun to stay in place? I have seen pictures on this board but my hair is not long enough to do the pictures I have seen. My hair is pretty thick . But now since joining this board I moisturize the heck out of my hair which makes my ponytail much thinner looking. Now when I do my bun it doesnt have that thick full look that I like. I hope I am making sense. I like for the bun to look thick. My hair is a little past my shoulders.

Normally I put a pony tail holder on and then pin the hair under with bobby pins and then wrap a scrunchy around it . Now I hate when shorter pieces of hair ( cause my hair is not all one length) peek out from the scrunchy. Also I read scruchies were passe (sp?) but thats another story.... anyway how do I get my bun to stay tight without using gel and "fluffying" or drying my hair out? I know you ladies will give me some good suggestions because I wear a bun daily and I am tired of adding hair to the bun to make it look right.

I want to do the bun without fake hair.. its become too much of a hassle. How does everyone else do their buns?

Sky: I buy small, thin brown hair bands and put my hair in a ponytail and then but it in a bun with the help of a synthetic hair scrunchie. Sometimes I leave it like that, sometimes I dress it up with chopsticks.

I like to use the synthetic hair scrunchies because I look like a gradeschooler with the cloth ones. However, if you want to use clips (no hair), they make them with a sewn on baggie (breatheable) to keep the bun in place and nice and neat. I haven't been able to find them lately, though.

Or you can also use a "bun cage" that you put a stick through to keep it in place. They may still sell them at Claire's

Poster: Lindy
[ QUOTE ]
My signature style is "half up, half down." (The front up in a ponytail, with the back out).

[/ QUOTE ]

That's mine too, pressed or natural!
laugh.gif

Back