Do you google people you date?

Do you google the people you date?

• Yes

Votes: 49 92.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
These are online people. Never actually met any of them. I'm Googling away during the first chat. I do all of that prior to even giving out my phone number.

ok but a dude who just got out of jail... :look: what could his profile have said to get a woman to even entertain the idea of a date :lol: what had he been doing the past however-much-time before he got out and what did he say he was doing with his life now? :lol: i kind of feel like on some levels, the criminals and perverts are gonna tell on themselves on their profiles to the discerning eye.

ok but a dude who just got out of jail... :look: what could his profile have said to get a woman to even entertain the idea of a date :lol: what had he been doing the past however-much-time before he got out and what did he say he was doing with his life now? :lol: i kind of feel like on some levels, the criminals and perverts are gonna tell on themselves on their profiles to the discerning eye.

I don't remember what his profile said...it's been some years but I do recall the BIG DRAW for me was there were lots of pics of him COOKING and he referenced cooking quite a bit. For a working mother who had stood at the stove for years, things like that are extremely appealing. :lachen:He was an electrician by trade. That was ok and he was never married, no children, my age range and he was GORGEOUS!

When I was still dating, I sure did!

I also checked public court records.

It's amazing how easily you can find things out about a person.

Yes ma'am and I encourage all my friends to do the same. There are too many things in this world that I want no part of to allow any man with a cute smile and money for dinner to have my trust.

When I was younger and didn't have a car I would text my older sister his license plate too if I didn't know my date very well. She asked me to and now that I'm older and know more about how crazy people can be I'm glad she did.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using LHCF

Yup. I admitted it and everyone was looking at me like I was insane.

SMH.

I am so glad to know I am not the only one who has a brain!

Yep! That and background check. I'm a single parent so I'd rather know early than later when I start catching feelings. The one time I didn't check the guy i was seeing had a record and had been arrested for fraud....on local news! Smdh Thank God that fizzled quickly.

Yes ma'am and I encourage all my friends to do the same. There are too many things in this world that I want no part of to allow any man with a cute smile and money for dinner to have my trust.

When I was younger and didn't have a car I would text my older sister his license plate too if I didn't know my date very well. She asked me to and now that I'm older and know more about how crazy people can be I'm glad she did.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using LHCF

I text my sis a pic of his drivers license too.

Some of them. Not necessarily to find dirt, but sometimes I wanted to see what they were like. Especially if they have been famous in some way.

Haven't found any mugshots so far lol.

Back in 2000 I took a chance with yahoo dating. Some Boston cop reached out to me and we talked for a few days and he asked me on a date. Well actually he said I see you have no criminal record, work where you say you do, and own a house so you're ok. I called him a stalker (he obviously abused his power) and cancelled our date.

Wow! Are you sure it's him?

Yes-

1/The web said he was related to someone with a different last name. Thought that was strange.
2/ So I googled her and her name is hyphenated with HIS last name.
3/ I googled the hyphenated name and added "married" after it and a page came up stating when and where they got married.
4/ Pulled up her twitter page and pics of him popped up.

We have a date tomorrow evening and I'm thinking I might tell him I know after enjoying his company lol Now I can be part of the Google club woop woop!!!!

SMDH

I'm getting conflicted advice from friends-

Do I tell him I googled him which would show that I was starting to catch feelings and I DO NOT want him to know that. But I want to know that he's BUSTED! There's pleasure in that lol

What to do what to do *licking my lips and rubbing hand*

Don't tell him. I've learned to just back away and keep it to myself. He's a liar and he will do what liars do...try to lie his way out of it. When that fails they get angry, flip the script and get mad at YOU for checking on him. I've been called all kinds of i-Spy Private Eye Columbo beyotches. It's awkward.

^^^Yea dont tell, what is purpose, either back away, or enjoy free meals... It will make you out as a stalker if you do tell... IMHO

I'm in the very small minority, but no. I have after the fact, and never found anything. I must be easy to talk to, though, because men have been very up front with me about criminal records, children, being on dontdatehimgirl.com, and other stuff. Usually the stuff they put me through isn't Googleable.

I used to work as a HR assistant so I had access to a criminal background application and the eVerify system...every single on of them... I told my ex about his speeding citation in San Diego.

Hey, I am a mother.:lachen:

Back