Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No, it's not my thing/I'm not good at it

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • No (other)

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Generally speaking, at church, home, with or without music, lol, etc. I can always tell the 'dancers' even at church. They can't hide it.

What does dancing do for you? Do you feel more energetic, less stressed, happier or is it just a natural occurance for you, like eating? lol

If you don't LIKE/ LOVE to dance, mind sharing why? This thread meant for fun!

Last edited:
I love music period! this morning I was listening to Kizomba and dancing in my room for about two hours. I get lost in the music and I daydream that either I'm the performer or the dancer for the song. It is like I'm in a trance... that's why I need to be careful what I open myself up to as far as music . It is like a drug for me.

When Im dancing.. depending on the song, I can get very energetic, happy and excited. Now if it is an emotional song, the tears and waterworks man oh man lol

Generally speaking, at church, home, with or without music, lol, etc. I can always tell the 'dancers' even at church. They can't hide it.

What does dancing do for you? Do you feel more energetic, less stressed, happier or is it just a natural occurance for you, like eating? lol

If you don't LIKE/ LOVE to dance, mind sharing why? This thread meant for fun!
Yes I do! We hung out today with some friends from Jamaica and played Jamaican Christian music and regular...we were dancing and having a great time!!! I enjoy myself!

GIRL!

Laela...

You know you just 'called' me out. I love to dance. My children love it and my baby grands. It's just 'native' to us.

I love the soft flows of Ballet, it's peaceful and I love the calming effect that it has.

Yet I love the rhythms of the Islands as it energizes me and I feel happy when I'm energized.

I feel happy just dancing, period. I love music.

I don't like rap and loud harsh sounding music though. :nono:

Most of the music that I love is instrumental and flowing. Most of my top favorites are the soft flows of the Christian Worship music.

ETA: In Church I'm very subdued.... :look:

GIRL!

@Laela...

You know you just 'called' me out. I love to dance. My children love it and my baby grands. It's just 'native' to us.

I love the soft flows of Ballet, it's peaceful and I love the calming effect that it has.

Yet I love the rhythms of the Islands as it energizes me and I feel happy when I'm energized.

I feel happy just dancing, period. I love music.

I don't like rap and loud harsh sounding music though. :nono:

Most of the music that I love is instrumental and flowing. Most of my top favorites are the soft flows of the Christian Worship music.

ETA: In Church I'm very subdued.... :look:
Don't you just love it? Ain't nuthin like Island music and hanging out with Island Christians...chile, we dance and singgggggggg!!!!!!

Don't you just love it? Ain't nuthin like Island music and hanging out with Island Christians...chile, we dance and singgggggggg!!!!!!

Love it. And I love watching the little children dance. Adorable. They're so innocent and agile.

And it's 'Clean' dancing. Ain't nobody girating and making 'air sex' out of a dance move. It's just pure clean fun with music and dancing. I love the drum rhythms. :woot:

Love it. And I love watching the little children dance. Adorable. They're so innocent and agile.

And it's 'Clean' dancing. Ain't nobody girating and making 'air sex' out of a dance move. It's just pure clean fun with music and dancing. I love the drum rhythms. :woot:
Exactly....:yep::yep::yep:

I loved to dance, I wanted to go to the city and be a dancer after I finished high school. I lived in New York at the time. I absolutely loved to dance. However, over the years I stopped dancing and now I do not dance at all and I can't either. I don't listen to music so I don't even know what is the latest dances or any of that stuff and I am having a party in a few weeks for my youngest daughters graduation. So I learned that none of my friends can dance either so that will be funny. I guess we all be sitting there nodding our heads. I don't even know.

I loved to dance, I wanted to go to the city and be a dancer after I finished high school. I lived in New York at the time. I absolutely loved to dance. However, over the years I stopped dancing and now I do not dance at all and I can't either. I don't listen to music so I don't even know what is the latest dances or any of that stuff and I am having a party in a few weeks for my youngest daughters graduation. So I learned that none of my friends can dance either so that will be funny. I guess we all be sitting there nodding our heads. I don't even know.

The rhythm never leaves us. You'll find yourself moving to the music naturally ad beautifully at that. :happydance:

Have a wonderful graduation party, Precious Blaz. Share pictures if you are able.

blazingthru :bighug:

I'm good for one of these in a heartbeat...

:reddancer: :reddancer: :reddancer:

I love wearing long full skirts and maxi dresses that 'Twirl' and 'Spin' ... it's so dainty. :reddancer:

C'mon....

:woot: :happydance: :woot:

:reddancer: :reddancer:

Ballet pose...

and spin :reddancer:

:lol::lol::lol:

balanchine_rubies.gif

awww a Dance Thread love it!!

Shimmie said it best- "I feel happy just dancing, period. I love music"

I've been told I was dancing before I even began walking lol And even when my feet hurt I still cant help moving when I hear a great tune....I love music so much that I pray my husband can cut a rug as good as me or better...its really one of my passions and I met my college best friends through dance lol We all tried out for the same dance troupe

Music will brighten my mood....esp if i'm feeling down...i'll put my headphones on and its like God is soothing me

awww a Dance Thread love it!!

Shimmie said it best- "I feel happy just dancing, period. I love music"

I've been told I was dancing before I even began walking lol And even when my feet hurt I still cant help moving when I hear a great tune....I love music so much that I pray my husband can cut a rug as good as me or better...its really one of my passions and I met my college best friends through dance lol We all tried out for the same dance troupe

Music will brighten my mood....esp if i'm feeling down...i'll put my headphones on and its like God is soothing me

I love Dancing.... so much. :reddancer:

It truly is a Gift from God. :love3:

Well, I can't ballet but I do enjoy dancing, esp. to S. African or Caribbean gospel, as you already know... :lol:

It's near-impossible to keep still when there's a praise song on... God is that exciting... yes, He is!

I love Dancing.... so much. :reddancer:

It truly is a Gift from God. :love3:

Well, I can't ballet but I do enjoy dancing, esp. to S. African or Caribbean gospel, as you already know... :lol:

It's near-impossible to keep still when there's a praise song on... God is that exciting... yes, He is!

I love the South African and the Caribbean Gospel that you share. I click on those links Laela and I'm moving right with the music and rhythms. I love the 'dip' that they do. They 'ain't playin', Girl. I'm so serious. They do a dip and keep it moving all smooth and never miss a rhythm. :woot:

And it's 'clean' dancing, no hot droppins' on the floor. I love it and I look forward to more of your 'Dance Links'. it's joyful and it gives me the extra energy I need to get my work done.

Yah, love the dips. lol

Don't know if you've seen these, but here ya go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epLDuPejoj8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFBDaZ1Hjjw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G__OlKE3h5w

I love the South African and the Caribbean Gospel that you share. I click on those links Laela and I'm moving right with the music and rhythms. I love the 'dip' that they do. They 'ain't playin', Girl. I'm so serious. They do a dip and keep it moving all smooth and never miss a rhythm. :woot:

And it's 'clean' dancing, no hot droppins' on the floor. I love it and I look forward to more of your 'Dance Links'. it's joyful and it gives me the extra energy I need to get my work done.

Sis, how did you find these? These are so beautiful. :yep:

And I agree the second one is my favorite pose...there's more 'life' to it and it uses the natural forms of the body. See how it slims the torso and the arms all in one? This stretch / pose can be done on the floor. Good stretch and it's relaxing. :yep:
LOL...I don't know, I just look for stuff and find them...:lol:

Back