Do you call or do you ignore it?

Do you ignore his call or call him back when he doesn't leave a message?

• Call him

Votes: 30 81.1%
  • Ignore it

Votes: 7 18.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP, that's not why you are single. Chasing men who don't put in enough effort to leave a simple message may be why you are single. Let men court you!! Which would include a few calls from him that you have missed. First, check to see if your VM is full; if not return the call from the guy who left a message. Actually, whether we know it or not; there are courtship rules. Full Stop!

Last edited:
Even though they didn't leave a message? I assume they changed their mind or they will call back later. Am I being old fashion by not calling? Do people assume because of caller ID that you will call them back?

It's never wrong to be old fashioned. If you want a guy to leave a message when he calls; don't return the call until he leaves a message. My philosophy is this, if you really want to talk to me; you let me know. Leave a message. Let him court you. If he's not the courting type, guess what; there are courting types out there. :yep:

Last edited:
I feel like this is a USA specific problem! NOBODY leaves voicemails in the UK! Only my mum n even then I think "why?".

I'm all for letting a man make an effort and show he cares BUT if you wouldn't stress yourself out like this when a friend calls and doesn't leave a message then I wouldn't start now.

I also agree with a previous poster, if you like this guy and you see him and he asks "why didn't you call", are you comfortable saying "you didn't leave a message and I was testing you to see how much you cared!". If yes then go for it and hold out!

Either way I'm sure he will call you but was it worth this?

I'd call him back. If he did not answer, I'd leave a pleasant VM telling him that I saw I missed his call and that I hope he's enjoying the New Year thus far. :)

Oh, sorry! No, he texted me so I didn't have to call.

Ok so I guess that solves this then. I'm glad you waited, therefore letting him put more effort. How do you feel about the communication thus far? Good luck to you OP.

Last edited:
I'm confused! He made a point of saying in his text that he missed his friend and to hurry back. (I went home for Christmas) Ummm...OK... but I found that weird. Usually we see each other once a week but we don't talk very much only a few words in passing. He's called a couple of times and we've had a few good conversations but when I see him we really don't talk much so what exactly did he miss about me? Seeing me?

It was just kind of weird! I think my infatuation is fading!!

Not a lot of people leave messages these days so if someone does I make the effort to call them back. Texts, not so much. I don't like getting to know a guy through texting. In most circumstances I assume if he really wants to talk to me, he'll call.

Back