do you apply moisturized directly to your new growth? relaxed ladies, get in here!

blessedandlucky

i'm almost 11 weeks post relaxer. i'm new here but i've read alot about not putting things on your scalp. so, how do you handle your new growth? do you apply the moisturizer directly to the new growth?

i'd appreciate your help. i've done some board searches but can't find exactly what i'm looking for - thanks, ladies.

Re: do you apply moisturized directly to your new growth? relaxed ladies, get in here

I usually just apply my DC to my new growth like a relaxer. That, combined with cowashing, keeps it moisturized.

Re: do you apply moisturized directly to your new growth? relaxed ladies, get in here

I put moisturizer on all of my hair because new growth can dry out too.

I apply Moisturizer all over from root to tip.

Yeah I apply it to the new growth as well.

I moisturize from root to tip with focus on the new growth and the ends.

If I didn't, my hair would break. Or would break the comb. :laugh:

I apply moisturizer to my new growth as well because they always seem so dry when I'm stretching my relaxer. I find though that I can not comb it at all once the moisturizer is on because it breaks something terrible. I believe it's because if it's somewhat wet/moist, therefore it's weaker at the demarcation line so now I wait until it's dry before I comb it out-if I feel it needs combing out:yep:.

i just applied some ntm silk touch leave-in. i usually just apply it to my ends. i can come through my new growth but it feels dry. the new growth is a little wet from the application so i just put it in two little buns. i'll comb it out later.

thanks for your support, ladies. keep the suggestions coming!

I apply from roots to tip...and lots of it too!

I moisturize my new growth and relaxed hair once I'm about 6 weeks post, if I don't I start seeing a lot of breakage at the demarcation line...

Back