Do You Accept?

Browndilocks

Browndisha Brownie Sundae
There's a guy you've been on a few dates with but you're not exclusive. You go to an event with him. You take pictures together. He posts them on IG/FB. You get a friend request from his mother. You've never met her. Do you accept?

I agree with you all. Normally I'd do just what you suggested, however he knows about the friend request. When I saw the request I asked who she was. He was like "Oh that's my mother" like nothing. :lol:

Would I be creating a big fat elephant if I just ignored her request and never said anything about it to him? I have a feeling if I don't accept the request she'll eventually ask him why, which would in turn cause awkwardness between us.

I am a smart woman but it's the little things like this that seem to trip up my conscience and I somehow get sucked into situations I really don't want to be in. The anticipation of pressure and guilt and wanting to avoid it. I'm trying to do better.

Last edited:
Don't over worry about it. Just plan ahead then on how you want to respond. Be creative. All kinds of reasons for not accepting that wouldn't hurt anyone's feelings. Honestly they are both being kind of pushy but meh let them do them and you do you and see where things go. But don't let him or her make you feel badly about being more private or moving more slowly.

Don't over worry about it. Just plan ahead then on how you want to respond. Be creative. All kinds of reasons for not accepting that wouldn't hurt anyone's feelings. Honestly they are both being kind of pushy but meh let them do them and you do you and see where things go. But don't let him or her make you feel badly about being more private or moving more slowly.

See this is why I need you lol.

I would let her friend request sit in pending and when asked, would completely play dumb like I totally forgot. Folks crack me up acting like just because they sent a request that you have to accept it right away. I once had a coworker that would post pics of her and her husband/family then question me as to why I didn't "like" the photo. I straight up laughed in her face...

you-in-danger-girl1.gif

She's going to be all up and through your pictures!! Put her on limited profile viewing. Go into your settings and you can set whatever you want her to see on your profile.

No. And I'd tell him to remove my pics if we're not exclusive.

Why? I usually don't have a problem posting pics with guys who are just the homies. It's when I'm in a relationship that I don't like to post too many pics. He's clearly not tryina be the homie tho.

Why? I usually don't have a problem posting pics with guys who are just the homies. It's when I'm in a relationship that I don't like to post too many pics. He's clearly not tryina be the homie tho.

The original post gave me the idea he was a romantic interest, not a long time friend. So it came across as super weird and clingy.

If the pics were friendly, no heart eyes or comments making it seem like we were together then it wouldn't be a big deal.

Generally, I wouldn't want any man posting pics that could be taken out of context when I'm actively dating or looking.

But I don't typically allow people to post pics of me. I like to feel in control of anything with my image.

Friend her but put her on the restricted list. She'll only see what you share publicly. I used to do this with coworkers that sent me friend requests. That way my pics and things I only wanted to share with closer friends stayed private.

Ha! Then the guy will be like hey mom did you see ____ that Browndilocks posted :lol:. And she'll be like que? Now that would hurt her feelings. But seriously that is a good idea.

The original post gave me the idea he was a romantic interest, not a long time friend. So it came across as super weird and clingy.

If the pics were friendly, no heart eyes or comments making it seem like we were together then it wouldn't be a big deal.

Generally, I wouldn't want any man posting pics that could be taken out of context when I'm actively dating or looking.

But I don't typically allow people to post pics of me. I like to feel in control of anything with my image.

I've known him for a long time and he's also a romantic interest. @ the bolded, yes I normally feel the way you do. This time for some reason was different. When he posted the pics he was really enthusiastic & happy. It honestly felt nice to have the man doing the posting & commenting on the good time he was having. That hasn't happened in a while so my attitude was shoot- let him do it then. :look:

Back