Do people of other races use moistrizers?

HeChangedMyName

I know all hair can benefit from moisturizing products such as shampoos and conditioners, but do other people have moisturizers?

Yep. My non black friends use my leave ins. If they didn't, we wouldn't see all these commercials like pantene and garnier for putting moisture back in the hair.

yep. Asians use coconut oil. Indians use all the aryuvedic moisturizers. The girls on NC.com (especially the ones with tighter curls) have all started using some of the same moisturizers we use.

I wondered the same. I attended undergrad in Minnesota and my one white roommate NEVER used any type of moisturizer but her hair was always soft as silk and shiny. She used the Pantene line.

Yeh, I asked a colleague of mine she is Hispanic w/ beautiful curly hair what she used to keep her curls looking wet. She said "I use the stuff for black girls, you know in the yellow and red bottle." She was talking about the infamous juice. I was surprised. :grin:

Yep my roommate uses serums and moisturizers. She says "it helps with her frizzies"

I walked in on her one day when her was "frizzy" it looked like a blown out BAA :lachen:

Yeh, I asked a colleague of mine she is Hispanic w/ beautiful curly hair what she used to keep her curls looking wet. She said "I use the stuff for black girls, you know in the yellow and red bottle." She was talking about the infamous juice. I was surprised. :grin:

whaaaatttt. wow. imma start asking women of other races what they use on their hair all the time now. lol:yep: i saw a girl yesterday at this spanish market and her har was just. . .just . gorgeous. i should have asked her. lol

whaaaatttt. wow. imma start asking women of other races what they use on their hair all the time now. lol:yep: i saw a girl yesterday at this spanish market and her har was just. . .just . gorgeous. i should have asked her. lol

She didn't want to tell me @ first she said it was a secret and I told her oh ok and laughed and she came out with it lol!

Yup , some of them do.
A Poruguese girl I worked with told me she uses Lustrasilk's Moisture Max to flat iron her hair. Her hair was always shiny.

This one white girl I dormed with used shea butter on her ends. It kinda kinda caught me off guard when she told me cause I totally didnt expect it. But her heair was long shiny and healthy

I work in a pharmacy and one of the customers asked me to recommend a good moisturizer for his hair..yes HIM! I told him to try NTM silk touch. He came back a few days later and told me how he loved it and he bought some for his mom and sister. He was 1/2 lebonese and 1/2 greek.

my (white) co-worker uses olive oil to moisturize her hair and as a conditioning treatment. at the end of the day, hair is hair and some things are common like dryness and the quest for shinier, healthier hair.

I've never seen or heard about anyone I know over here use moisturizers.

If anything, they're trying to strip their hair of oils...

When I was on a quest for oils for my hair I found out and was surprise that my Indian (West Indian) friend used Almond Oil sometimes. My Filipino friend said when she was young her mom put coconut oil on her hair. My Filipino friend washes her daily saying if not her hair will be too oily so I assume she doesn't put anything on her hair after she washes now. I never knew because we never talk hair talk.

I know oils are not moisturizers but I was so surprise on both counts.

None that I know of, unless you're just talking about conditioner. Heck, I don't use moisturizers either and I'm not of an 'other race'.

I see curly haired women of all races and ethnic backgrounds in the ethnic hair care aisles at stores all the time.

Back