Do I need to worry??

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
I need help with this ladies! Okay, here goes. I'm not natural or transitioning, but I haven't had a relaxer since Sept 09 and I don't plan on getting any more relaxers anytime soon. I'm slightly beyond WL when stretched, but maybe APL (I dunno) unstretched. My hair is weird to me:ohwell: Anywhoo, when I'm not wearing my hair straight, that is, after blow-drying and flat ironing, my hair is extremely thick and shrinks up. I refuse to do wash 'n go's as it becomes really hard for me to manage it because it gets too tangled. So I stick with either a braid out or just a bun. However, after flat ironing my hair earlier this week, I noticed something that had me kinda worried. When I flat iron my hair, it gets bone straight and it appears to be really thin, like I'm losing my hair or something. It's not thick like I think it should be when flat ironed and now I'm wondering if there's something that either I'm doing wrong when flat ironing, or could it be that I'm suffering from thinning hair and just haven't been able to notice it? Has anyone else experienced this problem???

Well, I'm sure the ladies here would agree that if we could see what you're describing, then we could prove more helpful. Do you by chance have any picture of your hair natural and straightened? *innocently blinking as she wipes the pre drool from her lips*

Well, I'm sure the ladies here would agree that if we could see what you're describing, then we could prove more helpful. Do you by chance have any picture of your hair natural and straightened? *innocently blinking as she wipes the pre drool from her lips*
I'm sure I have some pictures somewhere, but I can't remember what I did with them. But I assure you, there's no need to pre-drool, nothing amazing here. I am trying to remember what I did with those darned pics!!!

:lachen:@AngieT1985...

Ok so how did your hair look when you flat ironed before? Are you sure that you didnt just flat iron it too straight?

Another possibility is that the relaxed hair might be breaking at the demarcation line, have you noticed any breakage or shedding that looks like a piece of relaxed hair and is missing the new growth and the bulb?

Pics would help alot! :click:

:lachen:@AngieT1985...

Ok so how did your hair look when you flat ironed before? Are you sure that you didnt just flat iron it too straight?

Another possibility is that the relaxed hair might be breaking at the demarcation line, have you noticed any breakage or shedding that looks like a piece of relaxed hair and is missing the new growth and the bulb?

Pics would help alot! :click:
I was thinking it was a possibility that I may have flat ironed it too straight. Yes, I have experienced breakage, now that you mention it, I'm thinking that could be my culprit???? Yeah, I know, pics would be very helpful, but I seriously can't remember what I did with them. I either deleted them by accident or they're buried in a folder somewhere in one of my old hard drives. I guess I should have made sure I had pics before posting right?!

I was thinking it was a possibility that I may have flat ironed it too straight. Yes, I have experienced breakage, now that you mention it, I'm thinking that could be my culprit???? Yeah, I know, pics would be very helpful, but I seriously can't remember what I did with them. I either deleted them by accident or they're buried in a folder somewhere in one of my old hard drives. I guess I should have made sure I had pics before posting right?!

Ummm Yeah!images[2].jpg You KNOW how we are (you ain't no rookie!):whip::mob:

It seems that perhaps your hair was too straight. But look through it and see if you see broken hairs through out. Do you lose a lot of hair when grooming? Look at your scalp, do you see thin/bald patches? I mean if you don 't look like my siggy, then you have nothing to worry about.lol

Seriously though, it really could be the fact that your hair is so full and thick natural that the contrast may SEEM too thin. But then again w/o pics, we can't really say.
Ladies? Help a sista out.

Back