DIY's , how much money have you saved this year?

Ishtar

How much have you saved from salon visits? Including relaxers, tips, weaves, braids, all the works.

Great question! Prior to last year, I used to go to the salon for a relaxer every 10-12 weeks (approximately 5 visits per year), which would cost me about $90. I also put in senegalese twists over the winter last year which I believe cost $140 including the hair. So, I have saved roughly $590.

However, I still process my hair with chemicals (texlaxing), and spent about $80 for the supplies to do it myself. I also decided against twists/braids for this winter and instead bought some wigs to use as a protective style, for $140. I've still saved several hundred dollars, but it doesn't feel like it.

$25 every two weeks(washnsets)= $650
$50 every three months(back when I was relaxed)=$200
$70 twice a year (color): 140
Total: $990

I haven't been to a salon in about two years. I wonder if prices went up since then.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Long Hair Care Forum App

I would always relax my hair myself but then shell out 40 dollars just to get a wrap. Every blue moon I would have my hair braided and that was usually around 80 to 100 dollars. I ould probably have it done 3 to 4 times a year.

I saved about $400 since I started my HHJ. But when you consider the amount I spend on products it's probably more like a $200 savings.

Hmmm, I was never a salon person and I haven't done anything to my hair that would require the service...hair cutting aside.

I trimmed my hair maybe twice this year...so I'm guessing I saved around $22:lachen:

Now if you want to get into deep conditioning treatments and things of that nature, I'm sure I've saved well over hundreds of dollars.

Back