DIY hair color???

Millahdoowop

Has anyone successfully colored their hair? If so, can you give a step by step of how you did it and what brand of permanent color you used? I'm thinking of doing highlights. TIA!

Hi, I've used so many different permanent hair colors within the past couple of years. The best brand of permanent hair color that I've used was by Optimum. It comes in a reddish-orange tube (inside of a reddish orange rectangular box). You can find it at Sally's.

When applying the color, I followed the instructions and mixed the contents inside of a bowl (make sure you buy the creme developer, which comes separately). I then parted my hair in about 4 sections maybe, and started applying the color on each section. after smoothing and rubbing to make sure that every strand was covered with color, I let it sit for the recommended time. Afterwards, I shampooed it out (with a clarifying shampoo 1st and then a moisturizing shampoo) and conditioned my hair. I then proceeded to style my hair as usual by rollersetting it and sitting under the dryer to dry.

ETA: The current pictures in my signature are from a color job that I did back in October with Optimum hair color in Natural Black.

Ooooh thanks girl. So I have to buy some developer? That's cool. I hope I don't come out looking retarded or anything.:lol:

Back