Distilled- I'm a believer

melodee

Distilled- I\'m a believer

I didn't want to believe that distilled water would improve my hair's condition during washings, b/c it seemed like too much work. I wondered why Sweetcocoa and the others went through the trouble using it. Well, tonight I gave it a try and WOW, my hair felt softer and I lost five strands of hair when I detangled afterward. Usually that number is 25-50 or more. I guess maybe we have hard water afterall. Anyway I used a half of a gallon. Is that about right? I guess this can get costly. But if my hair continues to act this way, it's worth it.
smile.gif

Re: Distilled- I\'m a believer

i'm glad that u found this method effective for u

happy hair growin

I'm glad you like! The amount of water depends on if you use the water for every stage of washing and conditioning or just for the final rinse.

I did a conditioner wash yesterday and only used a jug full for my final rinse only to rinse out the conditioner. I used approx 1/4 gallon maybe a touch over but around a 1/4.

omg i know i read the thread where they said it would be cold but i didnt quite believe it. well when the water hit my back i was about to jump out of the shower. i mean this thing was not even in the fridge. and for a while i was trying to manuever with the bottle but it was all good.
smile.gif
God bless you all.

I tried it too! Used two jugs. My hair does seem softer. Thank for the suggestion.

It was very cold. I wonder if sitting the jugs outside in the sun would help since summer is almost here.

Micowaving!!! Now why the HECK didn't I think of that!??
tongue.gif

Thanks, I read this just in the nick of time, I'm about to rinse out conditioner with my distilled water in 10 mins.

I agree with you Melodee. I tried it Saturday and my hair was so soft and shiny--there was a huge difference. This is a keeper! Even my husband noticed!
king.gif

pooh123

Armyqt, you are so smart. Unfortunately, my microwave isn't big enough. But I must say, that is a VERY good idea. I never would have thought of it. Thanks.

I also tried the distilled water. I use it post shampoo and conditioning. I must say my hair is much softer. My husband also noticed it's softer, and he does'nt know about the distilled water. I've even gotten positive comments from co-workers. I'm sold!!!
clap.gif

I fill the bathtub with about 5 inches of hot water and sit the whole jug in there. It knocks the chill off in about 20 minutes. I then lug that "bad boy" upstairs to the shower and viola...warm water down my back.
wink.gif

Would you say there's less tangling from using the jug of water to rinse versus the force of the water coming from the showerhead?

[ QUOTE ]
I fill the bathtub with about 5 inches of hot water and sit the whole jug in there. It knocks the chill off in about 20 minutes. I then lug that "bad boy" upstairs to the shower and viola...warm water down my back.
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a great idea, Crysdon.
smile.gif

I have been spritzing my hair every day with distilled water and sealing it with oil. hair feels soft, so far so good. God bless you all.

I am so into the distilled water that the past 2 months I've also shampooed with it. Tap and shower water have not touched my hair since I started using this entirely. Yes it is a pain in the butt(I buy 2 bottles no matter what store I'm in and store them in the trunk of my car so I won't run out). Even my rollersets are better. I know my neighbors think I'm stocking up in case of a terrorist attack... so it doesn' look odd that I am always lugging 2 gallons in my house everytime I go out.
grin.gif

<font color="purple">I use my distilled water and ACV as a rinse after my conditioner. It does make a world of difference in the way my hair feels, versus hard water, which is really hard on the hair. Here's an idea I came up with. I take my empty gallon jugs (whether it be from milk, juice or water, make sure to rinse them thoroughly), and I take them to my favorite grocery store and refill them through their water dispensing machine. I only pay 98 cents a gallon for each jug of water that I fill. To me, I don't have to worry about buying another jug, and recycling old ones can really make life more easier. I'm with you all the way, mel! </font>

[ QUOTE ]
I microwaved the jug for 2 min. It took the chill off.

[/ QUOTE ]
I warm mine on the stove and then pout it in a pitcher because it is earier for me to handle.

Back