Sweetcocoa & Jade21: Distilled water really works!

It's on Fifth Avenue between 33rd and 34th Street. It's located in the Empire State Building and it's not new. I figure it's been there a few years.

you have to buy a distiller to do that. You can opt to get a filter (preferably one that does reverse osmosis filtering). Filters aren't very expensive but a distiller will run u atleast $100.

[ QUOTE ]
The Aqua Wizard Patented Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not positive, but this sounds like the ones for the kitchen sink that you can't run hot water through. The hot water messes up the filter.

I use distilled water to spray my hair. I've always wanted to to use distilled water for a final ronse but could never find it at a reasonable price. I'll try it sometime during the summer depending on how my finances are going.

Thanks for sharing BRH!
smile.gif

)

Re: Sweetcocoa & Jade21: Distilled water really works!

Thanks ladies for the thumbs up about the distilled water. I rinse often and have been using plain tap water. I will try the distilled water and see how things turn out
smile.gif

BRH, girl you done started something up in here. Based on this thread I decided to use some bottled purified water in a spray bottle last night to help comb my daughter's natural hair. All I can say is DAYUM!!! I kid u not when I say there was a MAJOR difference. It made her hair very soft and detangled like no conditioner or any other product. Now her hair is like a sponge and it sucks up moisture big time. Tonight when I went to redo her hair, it was still moisturised from the water and the products, I just could not believe it. Ususally, it would have been dried out by now.

Needless to say I went out to Walmart and picked up some distilled water. From now on, I will be using it as a final final rinse for both of us. Thanks BRH, Sweetcocoa and Jade for putting us on
kiss.gif

Now I see why you ladies heat the water first! Yikes! Who knew room temperature water could be so cold! Unfortunately it didn't do too much more for my hair
frown.gif
. Like most things it seems like what works for the majority...doesn't work for me
frown.gif

(my water is hard enough that if you leave a glass of tap water out overnight... there will be grit on the bottom of the cup by morning.
frown.gif
... very hard water)

BRH Glad to know the DW spraying worked out fine. My BF came back unsuccessful from the chemist but I'll find some I tell ya.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Now I see why you ladies heat the water first! Yikes! Who knew room temperature water could be so cold! Unfortunately it didn't do too much more for my hair
frown.gif
. Like most things it seems like what works for the majority...doesn't work for me
frown.gif

(my water is hard enough that if you leave a glass of tap water out overnight... there will be grit on the bottom of the cup by morning.
frown.gif
... very hard water)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thursdaygirl...You may want to do a clarifying shampoo or a good scrub...finish with a distilled rinse before you throw in the towel. You probably have a buildup on your hair...from the minerals in the hard water. Also for me it was a gradual thing. At first I was like..okay...then the more I did it the softer my hair started to feel. But if your water is like mine...you got to clarify or at least do an acv/distilled water rinse first...so your hair can benefit from the water. You know like when you wash your floors and they get a waxy buildup...sometimes you have to strip the wax to get to the shine. Then use a cleaner that doesn't build up...make sense?

[ QUOTE ]
BRH, girl you done started something up in here. Based on this thread I decided to use some bottled purified water in a spray bottle last night to help comb my daughter's natural hair. All I can say is DAYUM!!! I kid u not when I say there was a MAJOR difference. It made her hair very soft and detangled like no conditioner or any other product. Now her hair is like a sponge and it sucks up moisture big time. Tonight when I went to redo her hair, it was still moisturised from the water and the products, I just could not believe it. Ususally, it would have been dried out by now.

Needless to say I went out to Walmart and picked up some distilled water. From now on, I will be using it as a final final rinse for both of us. Thanks BRH, Sweetcocoa and Jade for putting us on
kiss.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to admit, I didn't know this thread was going to swell up THIS big. I'm glad though. See what I mean about softer hair? I wasn't kidding! When I saw the results I had to post. I was prompted by Sweetcocoa, remembering that she uses distilled and I figured the water has to be what screwed up my hair last week.

I tried a final rinse with distilled water last night. I haven't noticed a significant difference. But hey, it only costs .99/gallon, so not much lost. I will continue to use it and see what happens. I will follow sweetcocoa's advice and do a clarifying shampoo to get rid of any product build-up.

WARNING: Room temp water is COLD!! It literally took my breath away when I poured it over my hair. I will follow BRH and sweetcocoa's advice next time and warm it up a little.

I'll keep you ladies updated on my progress.

hmmm this sounds like a good idea. we already have post about daily washing and now we have some about distilled water. i guess the key is water is good. moisture is great. i will definetely have to try this out.
smile.gif
God bless you all.

Do you only use it as a final rinse or do you use it DURING the shampooing and everything either to rinse out the shampoo or rinse out the conditioner?

[ QUOTE ]
Do you only use it as a final rinse or do you use it DURING the shampooing and everything either to rinse out the shampoo or rinse out the conditioner?

[/ QUOTE ]

I posted this in the thread distilled vs filtered...

It is still effective if you just rinse with it or use it as your final rinse. I am currently shampooing with it because..
1. I need to replace my shower filter(this weekend). When I shampoo in the shower..I still and always do a final rinse of distilled water.

and

2. I'm currently using a natural shampoo(little or no detergent) and they always work better(at least I think so) with distilled water. I'm enjoying the natural shine I'm getting by shampoing with the distilled water. I will resume shampooing in the shower..but only once per week.

Hello all:

I was in Sally's today and was surprised to find that ion has a shampoo and conditioner especially for hard water. I don't have hard water where I am but I was following this thread and thought it might be of interest to you.

Here's the info on the shampoo.

Ion Hard Water Shampoo
By: Ion Professional Products, Inc.

Sally Item #: 302050

Size: 11.5 oz

Well or hard water antioxidant shampoo.

A gentle daily shampoo formulated specifically for hair shampooed with hard water
Uses naturally-derived antioxidants to help prevent build-up of minerals
Rich lather
Superior conditioning nutrients
Leaves hair silky, shiny and healthy looking

Usage Tips
Beneficial as a body bath to prevent hard water minerals from drying skin.

Cheveux did you try the Ion shampoo and conditioner? If so how did you like it?

poohtie

Hello Pooh123,

I'm doing the May Challenge, informally, so I didn't buy it but I will on June 1. I'll be happy to post my results here.

Cheveux

I have tried Dw and really like it. It appeared to keep my hair from breaking as much with the comb out. My hubby is going to think I'm weird, pouring a big jug of bottled water on my head, but DW is a keeper.

Ok, ladies, today was the "Hair Works Day" for the week. I decided to try the distilled water for rinsing. Can you say "Super Soft Hair"? I could not resist trying this and I am glad that I did. Of course, I did a roller set and my curls are awesome, soft & shiny, if I must say so myself.
weird.gif

I only wear my hair down once a week, Sunday. I can't wait to see how it's going to look in the a.m.

DW is a keeper.

TsAngel
smile.gif
smile.gif

I rinse with distilled water, which is left at room temperature. 5 litres cost 99p, I rinse my hair with a 50 ml bottle, which lasts me for approximately a week.

MonaRae said:
Oldie but Goodie!

MonaRae
Thanks, MonaRae. Never knew what the deal was with DW. Good to learn something new (and to read old posts from Jade21). ;)

Back