Dimopolous! somebody.............

Leesh

Can you please tell Me, what it means when the thread titles are bolded and sometimes their not? Please!!!!

If they are bolded, you haven't read them.
If they are not bolded, either you have read them, or they have been marked read since the last time you were on the forum.

Well, they usually are, if they seem to be constantly bolded - that means someone posted something new to the thread since the last time you read it.

A hot thread might have four posts at once - so it nearly stays bolded. By the time you got back to the forum to even see the thread title, someone else has posted in it. :lol:

Oh, they go bold if someone votes in a poll, too. I wish they didn't.

And if a thread that doesn't have a poll and you know you've read stays bold, you can log out and log back in - that resets everything to 'already read'.

If they are bolded, you haven't read them.
If they are not bolded, either you have read them, or they have been marked read since the last time you were on the forum.

Kiya, Thats why I'm confused, Some that I haven't read at all, are not bolded! should'nt they be bolded if I have'nt read them?

Kiya, Thats why I'm confused, Some that I haven't read at all, are not bolded! should'nt they be bolded if I have'nt read them?

It depends on how old the thread is, and how long you've been online. After a certain point (and I've yet to figure out what it is) of staying in the same thread, all of the other threads will be marked as read, as if you've left the forum/logged out, and then come back.

Or, replying to a really long PM. :lol:

It's happened to me, and I still can't pinpoint what causes it, besides a sort of 'time-out'.

Now, I usually save my long PM replying/replying to a thread that needs references until I've caught up on everything 'new'.

Back