Did your hair seem shorter before your relaxer?

Do your hair seem shorter before relaxer?

• heck yes!

Votes: 240 94.5%
  • Not really

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • It looks the same as before

Votes: 4 1.6%

• Total voters
yea..dont trim until after ur Touchup,...trust me..u will see a huge diffrence after you relax..u may not even need a trim...My NG always makes my ends look scraggly!

I am going on 6 months post, and I have quite a bit of new growth. My hair has shrunk a lot, especially around the crown area. I still have some relaxed ends hanging on for dear life.

I'm soooo excited for my relaxer in 3 weeks. I'm currently 13 wks post and when dry, my hair shrinks up to SL. After my relaxer in Dec, I was about 3 inches from APL so I'm hoping to be even closer to this year's APL goal. I love shrinkage!

I just about to start a thread about this. I'm only 8 weeks post but my hair seems to be the same length as in my avi but that was in late Nov. I did a half inch trim but I just know there should be some retention there.

Also, my ends look thinner. I'm tempted to relax so that my ends don't look so weird. I'm trying to stretch for a few more weeks. I hope I make it.

My hair feels like it's almost at NL at times. :perplexed And I've got another three months to go before I relax again! Oh well, here's hoping for a nice surprise come summer time!

my hair just keeps looking shorter and shorter (unless i pull it down and hold it!)

strangely enough, it always seems to bounce back up to where it was before this stretch AND EVEN SHORTER, at times.

i sure hope this is JUST an optical illusion the ng makes!

^^it's an illusion Grow!! The new growth is curly and puffy and doesn't lay as flat as the relaxed hair....so, it's pulling your other hair up. It will be such a nice suprise when you relax. I can't wait to see your pictures!!!

thanks girl! i can't wait to see the pics either!

thank goodness all of this suspence over what my ng is doing to my length is going to be over soon!

counting down the days (and hours!) until the big perm!

Chasturner84, as long as I don't experience major breakage, I plan to relax on June 16th. That will put me at 26 weeks post exactly. Stretching hasn't been that difficult since I've discovered pre pooing and AOHSR!

I'm sooooo hoping to be APL in June!! What a nice suprise that will be! I plan one more long stretch(26 weeks again) and then I'm going back to relaxing every 16 weeks. HHG, girl!!

Chasturner84, as long as I don't experience major breakage, I plan to relax on June 16th. That will put me at 26 weeks post exactly. Stretching hasn't been that difficult since I've discovered pre pooing and AOHSR!

I'm sooooo hoping to be APL in June!! What a nice suprise that will be! I plan one more long stretch(26 weeks again) and then I'm going back to relaxing every 16 weeks. HHG, girl!!

Yayyy I'm relaxing around then, I'm doing a 24 week stretch - let's pray for APL together! :lachen:

OMG! I used to always tell my friend (before I knew what stretching was) it had been so long since I relaxed when I finally did my hair would prob be down to my booty!!! :drunk:

Im 4 months post now and am going to stretch as long as I can....its always a big surprise to see how long my hair really is once I relax/texlax.

OK Cream Tee!!! You're my stretching buddy!! How are you handling your new growth right now? What's your daily style? These cornrows are a life saver!

Coolio! :grin: I've been spraying the NG with Wave Nouveau then moisturing the lengths and ends every night. It's quite a lot of moisture, but I feel my hair needs it. I then apply my scarf, more or less in the bun that I'll be wearing the next day. All I do when I wake up is just add a touch of coconut oil to my hair for sheen and then pin up the ends. So I more or less have cut out the combing until wash day and it's just bunning all the way now until I relax. I only wear my hair down once a week now, and that's when I've just done my DC.

Are you going to do a heavy protein treatment before you relax? I plan to do one two weeks before. :)

^^You've got this stretching thing down!! Your regimen sounds great. I wasn't sure about the heavy treatment before relaxing, b/c I thought I read that it can cause breakage late in a stretch. Have you heard this?? If this is not true, then YES I will do the Aphogee 2 step two weeks before I relax. I usually follow up with the Aphogee 2 minute a week after relaxing, but I'm going to have my stylist do it right after relaxing this time.

Do you self relax? And what relaxer do you use?

^^You've got this stretching thing down!! Your regimen sounds great. I wasn't sure about the heavy treatment before relaxing, b/c I thought I read that it can cause breakage late in a stretch. Have you heard this?? If this is not true, then YES I will do the Aphogee 2 step two weeks before I relax. I usually follow up with the Aphogee 2 minute a week after relaxing, but I'm going to have my stylist do it right after relaxing this time.

Do you self relax? And what relaxer do you use?

No I would always do a heavy treatment before relaxing as it's a preventative measure and it's preparing the hair for the chemical service - it's never done me any harm. I'm going to be using Dudley's DRC rather than Aphogee. You just need to ensure you moisturise very very well after the treatment as you know.

I don't self relax, I tried it a couple of times and it wasn't great. :nono: I use ORS No Lye, what do you use?

So when is the big date??????

girl, you know i cannot wait!:yep:

i don't know exactly when it will be because i'm still waiting for some necessary products to arrive. the company told me next week, so if that turns out, (:grin:) these tricks my ng plays should be over by the 15th!

thanks for your interest and for seeing me through this sweetie!:yep:

girl, you know i cannot wait!:yep:

i don't know exactly when it will be because i'm still waiting for some necessary products to arrive. the company told me next week, so if that turns out, (:grin:) these tricks my ng plays should be over by the 15th!

thanks for your interest and for seeing me through this sweetie!:yep:

Do to you think you will reach BSL for your next touch up grow? :)

Do to you think you will reach BSL for your next touch up grow? :)

:lachen::lachen::lachen:i just WISH i was already at BSL by next week!:lachen::lachen::lachen:

thanks for helping to remember "my dream", Cream Tee, but i'm only going from SL (end of last year) to hopefully APL (last layers in the back) by my next perm, if and when my products arrive by next week.

i hope to graze BSL land by the end of the year as my ends were "under the line" of APL when being held down (because of the ng) while wet.

CONGRATULATIONS on your stretching techinique!
i've been wanting to try the wave nouveau for a while, although it's not easy to find in italy. i hear it's really good for the moisture balance, so reading your post has given me new hope for the next stretch! thanks!:yep:

No I would always do a heavy treatment before relaxing as it's a preventative measure and it's preparing the hair for the chemical service - it's never done me any harm. I'm going to be using Dudley's DRC rather than Aphogee. You just need to ensure you moisturise very very well after the treatment as you know.

I don't self relax, I tried it a couple of times and it wasn't great. :nono: I use ORS No Lye, what do you use?

That's good to know. I've been thinking of trying the Dudley's DRC. Is it stronger than Aphogee? And what moisturizing DC do you follow up with? I have AOHSR, but it's not all that great on my wet hair. Would ORS Replenishing Pack be moisturizing enough? I love the ORS, but read that it has protein and I don't want a protein overload.

Girl, this is so sad, but I have no idea what relaxer my stylist used on my hair!! This will be the first relaxer since I "really" started my HHJ. I'm going to a new stylist recommended by a few ladies here for my next relaxer. I'll let you know what she uses.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:i just WISH i was already at BSL by next week!:lachen::lachen::lachen:

thanks for helping to remember "my dream", Cream Tee, but i'm only going from SL (end of last year) to hopefully APL (last layers in the back) by my next perm, if and when my products arrive by next week.

i hope to graze BSL land by the end of the year as my ends were "under the line" of APL when being held down (because of the ng) while wet.

CONGRATULATIONS on your stretching techinique!
i've been wanting to try the wave nouveau for a while, although it's not easy to find in italy. i hear it's really good for the moisture balance, so reading your post has given me new hope for the next stretch! thanks!:yep:

Thanks, it's not easy, but I know it'll be worth the effort in the end - well that's what I'm telling myself! :lol:

Wave Nouveau is easily available in the UK, so you could probably buy it from UK vendors if you have trouble getting some in Italy; at least the shipping won't be as traumatising! Also it doesn't have to be Wave Nouveau either, S Curl would be just as good, but I can't really take the smell of that!

That's good to know. I've been thinking of trying the Dudley's DRC. Is it stronger than Aphogee? And what moisturizing DC do you follow up with? I have AOHSR, but it's not all that great on my wet hair. Would ORS Replenishing Pack be moisturizing enough? I love the ORS, but read that it has protein and I don't want a protein overload.

Girl, this is so sad, but I have no idea what relaxer my stylist used on my hair!! This will be the first relaxer since I "really" started my HHJ. I'm going to a new stylist recommended by a few ladies here for my next relaxer. I'll let you know what she uses.

I wouldn't risk using ORS pak, yes it does feel beautifully moisturising in the hair but it does contain protein, so I wouldn't reach for that after doing a heavy protein. You need a rich moisture treatment like Silicon Mix, Silk Elements Megasilk Moisturising Treatment, or Sitrinillah etc, and leave it on for a good amount of time if you're not using heat. :yep:

Oooh so you're trying a new stylist - hope all goes well and make sure she knows what you want and don't want before she starts your hair!!

Back