Did you BC yourself? Tell Me Your Strategy!!

What did you do?

I poured a glass of amaretto :lick:
I DC'd, and then rinsed it out.. ummmed and ahhhed... had more amaretto.. and then chopped

What was in your hair?

Just water

How long did it take?
Possibly 1 hr?

How many months post were you?
It was the 1st day of my 15th month

What did you do with your hair right after?
Took loads of photos and then DC'd once more and then I think I did a twist out and let it air dry

Tell me about your BC!:yep:

Congrats on taking the leap!!!!

WOW, Whimsy, I remember your natural hair in the past. It was gorgeous! I'm too scared to self BC, but I'm subbing to this for future use.:lachen:

What did you do?
I took my braids out and clarified my hair (shampoo). I pre poo'd\deep cond\oil mixtures. Washed my hair with Dr. Brooner's soap, and light conditioned again and hair dried.

What was in your hair?
At the time of the cut, light conditions (Suave) so that she could see my actual texture difference (curl pattern vs. straight hair).

How long did it take?
Less than an hr. Went to Wal-Mart Salon and let them do it for $15 bucks..lol

How many months post were you?
Only 3. I got tired of waiting (via transition) and kicked myself for perming just 3 months prior. I had stretched 5 months then....shoot! *still kicking rocks*

What did you do with your hair right after?
Came home, wet my hair to see if a curl pattern would kick in, then went to the gym and sweated in it to get a response from my hair. Afterwords I did a CoWash on it...and have been loving my hair every since.

Tell me about your BC!:yep:
I am officially 90% natural and 10% still transitioning. I wanted to keep length on my top so I can be versatile with my styles..:grin:

Whoever said you can't be sorta natural, lied! It's all in how you do it..lol

Thanks guys!!! I'm resizing the pix now so I'll make a thread very soon.
The cut is WRETCHED hahahhaa but I couldn't be happier.
I'll get it fixed in a week or two. :)

Back