Did I Overreact?

nlamr2013

:look: I have a tendency to be Tina turn up so I'm never sure if my reaction was over the top.
So yesterday I was texting my little friend. He'd been asking me to send him a picture (not sure why he knows what I look like)
On the verge of begging tbh

So I finally send the picture. A real cute one my skin was glowing hair looking lush my brows even looked good. Everyone who has seen the picture loves it.
So anyway first of all he took like 45 minutes to even reply when just minutes before he was replying in seconds. Then this negros was like " I like your hair"
**** whet?
That's all you have to say?
So I've been ignoring him ever since.
My mom thinks I'm being harsh.
What yall think?

I thought maybe he did want a thot pic but can't be cause I've made it extra clear what type of woman I am

Ummmm...yes you are overreacting. He can't read your mind or the fact that you were hoping for more compliments. In your world, what should he have said?
No SIS LOL I think very highly of myself I didn't want a compliment but dang you could just be like nice pic and continue the conversation just I like your fro and that's it? :huh: you asked me for this pic like 5 times

I thought maybe he did want a thot pic but can't be cause I've made it extra clear what type of woman I am

No SIS LOL I think very highly of myself I didn't want a compliment but dang you could just be like nice pic and continue the conversation just I like your fro and that's it? :huh: you asked me for this pic like 5 times

Nothing wrong with thinking highly of yourself...shoot...I think I'm the shizzz. My point is that clearly his fro compliment fell short of your expectation and there is no way for him to possibly know that it would be an issue for you. With that said, I think your reaction is a little over the top. Next time just be like "HEY! I sent you a cute pic so you better act like it's cute. I need heart emojis, and all of that!"

Nothing wrong with thinking highly of yourself...shoot...I think I'm the shizzz. My point is that clearly his fro compliment fell short of your expectation and there is no way for him to possibly know that it would be an issue for you. With that said, I think your reaction is a little over the top. Next time just be like "HEY! I sent you a cute pic so you better act like it's cute. I need heart emojis, and all of that!"
Arg OK! I'm going to listen to you and my mom Mai. Because she said the same thing almost exactly. He actually just text me so I'll answer him when I leave work in a few minutes.

And you're right I expected a more glowing response but maybe he didn't want to seem thirsty or whatever. I'll be sweeter. Lol

You knew he wanted a thot pic, but you sent him one of your face.
The pic was an equivalent of you being a smart ass. If you ain't feeling his request just say "boy bye".

His response was gentlemanly considering the context.

Hold up.
On the one hand, people are saying ol' boy couldn't read OP's mind and didn't know she wanted compliments, but on the other hand, OP is expected to read ol' boy's mind with posters saying 'you knew he wanted a thot pic.'

Well ain't that's some double-standardy doo dah right there.

Good on you, OP, for letting him know up front that you're not the type to send pumpum pics (yet?). We always say on here, "you teach people how to treat you." I think the both of you need to communicate. Tell him what your expectations were, considering how badly he wanted the picture. See what he says.

I don't know what you meant by little friend, so IDK if it would have made sense for you to assume he wanted a ho pic. I always send face pics when I get asked.

Back