DH is a LURKER who reads my posts!!

scorpian

Ok, so I know that he's looked over my shoulder while I'm online and asked about this site and I've :whip: but lately he's been asking me about my 4b hair and saying stuff like texlaxed and shrinkage :huh: so I was getting suspicious and thought that he's been online reading my posts when I'm not.
I posted in the Confessions 2007 thread purposely because I knew that if he is a lurker that my post in that thread would be enough to bring him out of lurk mood. So last night I'm out shopping with my kids(I logged off the computer before I left)and I get a call on my cell phone. He is :arguing: asking me about my post in the Confessions 2007 thread I'm like "YOU"RE ON THE HAIR SITE READING MY POSTS!!! :whip::whip::whip:

So I told him that the post was there to expose him as a nosy *** lurker but he doesn't believe me. He thinks I have a thing for my male customer.
(I see good looking men daily at work and in the streets SO WHAT! I'm married not DEAD) Now I am thinking about changing my screen name and password but I don't know. His nozy *** is exactly why I keep my posts generic. Now I'm not sure what I should do. Why can't he mind his own business? :perplexed

Ok, so I know that he's looked over my shoulder while I'm online and asked about this site and I've :whip: but lately he's been asking me about my 4b hair and saying stuff like texlaxed and shrinkage :huh: so I was getting suspicious and thought that he's been online reading my posts when I'm not.
I posted in the Confessions 2007 thread purposely because I knew that if he is a lurker that my post in that thread would be enough to bring him out of lurk mood. So last night I'm out shopping with my kids(I logged off the computer before I left)and I get a call on my cell phone. He is :arguing: asking me about my post in the Confessions 2007 thread I'm like "YOU"RE ON THE HAIR SITE READING MY POSTS!!! :whip::whip::whip:

So I told him that the post was there to expose him as a nosy *** lurker but he doesn't believe me. He thinks I have a thing for my male customer.
(I see good looking men daily at work and in the streets SO WHAT! I'm married not DEAD) Now I am thinking about changing my screen name and password but I don't know. His nozy *** is exactly why I keep my posts generic. Now I'm not sure what I should do. Why can't he mind his own business? :perplexed

I probably would have done the same thing - luring him out BUT I would have put a note in some discreet place explaining what I'm doing and when he accused me of covering my butt, I'd tell him to go look in such and such a place for the note which would say "you butt - I knew you were eavesdropping on my hair care forum which is why I set you up - into the doghouse you go!"

Not that I'm condoning keeping secrets, but I know LHCF is a retreat for some so, fyi, if you just change your name, it changes it on all your previous posts as well. You would need to open a new account. If he has access to the email that you use to register, you may need to change the password for that as well.

I probably would have done the same thing - luring him out BUT I would have put a note in some discreet place explaining what I'm doing and when he accused me of covering my butt, I'd tell him to go look in such and such a place for the note which would say "you butt - I knew you were eavesdropping on my hair care forum which is why I set you up - into the doghouse you go!"

I didn't think that far ahead...I just wanted to Bust him and I did but now he's :arguing:

That is crazy girl! Man, see this is exactly why I don't like posting all my "bidness" on the internet. I told three of my friends my username and pw and they've come on here before. But they most likely forgot it.

Yep this forum isnt private and we have no idea who is on here reading what.

I am sorry your DH did that, because everyone needs their little piece of something to themselves. I wonder why he felt the need to go through such lengths.

Now I know we talked about not having a problem with your spouse reading emails, but I don't know about that one. He knows you're on a website about hair mostly. He sounds like he has some trust issues. I try not to be spiteful, but the mean side of me would go through his stuff and would make sure he knew it was me going through his things like going through his drawers and leaving stuff on the floor, going through his pants pockets on purpose. I would even be lookin for nothing I would just do it because. Don't listen to me because I don't feel well right now and I'm crazy and preggers!LOL!

Not that I'm condoning keeping secrets, but I know LHCF is a retreat for some so, fyi, if you just change your name, it changes it on all your previous posts as well. You would need to open a new account. If he has access to the email that you use to register, you may need to change the password for that as well.

Ok...thanks for the info..I'm considering doing this

dayum that sucks

I would create a new account

I'm thinking that even if I create a new account if you type longhaircareforum into the computer my new screen name will appear with the password blocked out and all he has to do is press log in and he'll still have access to find all post by_______..We share the same computers

Hi scorpian's DH! :wave:

Just wanted to add that my husband has done this to me before on another hairboard except he actually created a username, started a thread, and called me out-- talkin' about come spend some time with me and the kids instead of sitting on your computer upstairs all day.

Ummmm.....

Tell me why his screen name was "black_baby" :nono::rolleyes::wallbash::rolleyes::lachen:

I was mortified.

I'm thinking that even if I create a new account if you type longhaircareforum into the computer my new screen name will appear with the password blocked out and all he has to do is press log in and he'll still have access to find all post by_______..We share the same computers
Create separate user accounts on your computer. You can do this quite easily and he wont have access to anything on your side of the computer and it will be pw protected.

Just wanted to add that my husband has done this to me before on another hairboard except he actually created a username, started a thread, and called me out-- talkin' about come spend some time with me and the kids instead of sitting on your computer upstairs all day.

Ummmm.....

Tell me why his screen name was "black_baby" :nono::rolleyes::wallbash::rolleyes::lachen:

I was mortified.
HAHAHAHAH he called you out :lachen:

Now I know we talked about not having a problem with your spouse reading emails, but I don't know about that one. He knows you're on a website about hair mostly. He sounds like he has some trust issues. I try not to be spiteful, but the mean side of me would go through his stuff and would make sure he knew it was me going through his things like going through his drawers and leaving stuff on the floor, going through his pants pockets on purpose. I would even be lookin for nothing I would just do it because. Don't listen to me because I don't feel well right now and I'm crazy and preggers!LOL!

I feel ya but we've been in this for 13 plus yrs and at this point is there's no trust then I have to question WTH do we really have?

Oh, my I wonder what made him go to your HAIRBOARD to "spy" on you!! I mean, don't most people check email accounts and/or phone records. I can't see him thinking he'd find 'dirt' on you here. So, maybe he really was just logging on and browsing the site when he was bored or something? IDK

Ummmm.....

I was mortified.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:"black_baby" :dead:

Oh, my I wonder what made him go to your HAIRBOARD to "spy" on you!! I mean, don't most people check email accounts and/or phone records. I can't see him thinking he'd find 'dirt' on you here. So, maybe he really was just logging on and browsing the site when he was bored or something? IDK

Nah he wasn't browsing he was looking..he knows that it's about more than just hair.. he's seen the board topics listed on my computer when he's standing over my shoulder.

HAHAHAHAH he called you out :lachen:

Girl, that was soooooo not funny. He was typing in all caps and everything... just wrong. He don't know a thing about internet etiquette. How you gone log on clogging up the board with your personal messages. Email me, sheesh... I'm glad there is no star system on that forum. We woulda been 1 starred to high heaven with that mess. :lachen:

He gone tell me, I'm on your site. I was like yeah whatever. Then he said I'm going to start a discussion. I was like whatever. Next thing I know black_baby was in my personal space appealing to my hair sisteren on his behalf making me seem like I was neglecting him. And they thought it was cute. :lachen:Needless to say, I logged off and spent time with him. :rolleyes:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:"black_baby" :dead:

I now right? How funny.

I think my husbands screen name would be YourKidsRHungryTresses. :lachen::lachen:

I wish my DH would create an account, I would him on blast and ask him about his "hair goals" and what products he uses. Where's his fotki, and his august hits and misses? How did those Shima tips work out? He would feel stalked for real! :yep: :lachen:

Girl, that was soooooo not funny. He was typing in all caps and everything... just wrong. He don't know a thing about internet etiquette. How you gone log on clogging up the board with your personal messages. Email me, sheesh... I'm glad there is no star system on that forum. We woulda been 1 starred to high heaven with that mess. :lachen:

He gone tell me, I'm on your site. I was like yeah whatever. Then he said I'm going to start a discussion. I was like whatever. Next thing I know black_baby was in my personal space appealing to my hair sisteren on his behalf making me seem like I was neglecting him. And they thought it was cute. :lachen:Needless to say, I logged off and spent time with him. :rolleyes:

Oh, you two are the cutest! I can't get over is screen name though, Black_baby? What in the world....:lachen:

Oh, you two are the cutest! I can't get over is screen name though, Black_baby? What in the world....:lachen:

That's what I'm saying! I was like WHAT??? Of all the names that's all you could come up with? :rolleyes: Girl, if that name don't sound trollerific, I don't know what does. Shoot, he was being a troll if you ask me. But I woulda been ticked if they banned our whole IP address behind his foolishness :lachen:

sistaslick stop making me :lachen::lachen:

I feel ya but we've been in this for 13 plus yrs and at this point is there's no trust then I have to question WTH do we really have?

I think it was a mere knee jerk reaction that any DH would do. Including mine, but I obey the rule of computer time ends at 8pm. I'm sure once I break that rule, he'll be on here too!:lachen:

When I was on the computer alot initially, my DH would come sneak and "cuddle" over my shoulders while typing in a thread. :rolleyes: Then he admitted to being a bit jealous of the time I spent on the computer and we developed an action plan. Kecia off the computer no later than 8pm. :) He does the same.

I wouldn't go as far as planting a seed of distrust though. Now if he was shadowing your computer? Then that's a time to talk about trust.

I wouldn't chage my screen name if I was in your situation because there isn't nothing to hide. You guys may need to sit down and create an action plan or something that benefits you both. :)

Boys will be boys and they are some jealous lil babies.

I think it was a mere knee jerk reaction that any DH would do. Including mine, but I obey the rule of computer time ends at 8pm. I'm sure once I break that rule, he'll be on here too!:lachen:

When I was on the computer alot initially, my DH would come sneak and "cuddle" over my shoulders while typing in a thread. :rolleyes: Then he admitted to being a bit jealous of the time I spent on the computer and we developed an action plan. Kecia off the computer no later than 8pm. :) He does the same.

I wouldn't go as far as planting a seed of distrust though. Now if he was shadowing your computer? then that's a time to talk about trust.

I wouldn't chage my screen name if I was in your situation because there isn't nothing to hide. You guys may need to sit down and create an action plan or something that benefits you both. :)

Boys will be boys and they are some jealous lil babies.

I'm tired of dealing with HIS TRUST ISSUES...He tapped my phone a few years ago and that almost sent me to divorce court so this is just another way that he is showing me that he STILL HAS ISSUES

That's what I'm saying! I was like WHAT??? Of all the names that's all you could come up with? :rolleyes: Girl, if that name don't sound trollerific, I don't know what does. Shoot, he was being a troll if you ask me. But I woulda been ticked if they banned our whole IP address behind his foolishness :lachen:

Girl you are too funny! :rofl3:

Back