Deva Cut in the SouthEast Coast? MD to FL

faithVA

I am planning on getting a Deva Cut in July. I'm not ready to go to New York though. Is there anyone that has had a Deva Cut on the South East Coast? If so do you have a salon/stylist you can refer? tia

What about Philly? There are several salons in Center City, Philadelphia that can do the Deva cut. I can't remember the name but there's a salon on 15th and walnut that good (in Philly). In New York, I luv Lavar Hair Salon (I think that's the name). I know Philly is neighbors of NYC but just in case you change your mind :)

What about Philly? There are several salons in Center City, Philadelphia that can do the Deva cut. I can't remember the name but there's a salon on 15th and walnut that good (in Philly). In New York, I luv Lavar Hair Salon (I think that's the name). I know Philly is neighbors of NYC but just in case you change your mind :)

Thanks pelohello. I really appreciate the response.

I was avoiding the North just because I don't feel like fighting the traffic :lol: I was planning on driving. That was really my only reason.

Have you tried to find out if someone local has had any training for the Deva Cut? I've been thinking about trying this myself but I haven't gotten the nerve up yet. :blush:

This link will help you find a stylist who has DevaCurl training: http://www.mydevacurl.com/curly_stylist_finder

Nichelle_jb

Thanks Nichelle_jb. I did look at the list and they do have someone local. I just wanted to get some recommendations from LHCFers.

I know where I live so um, yeah I would rather drive to someone that another LHCFer has used. Staying local would be my last resort.

Beth at Fiddleheads did a great job with my shape up. Her styling was off, but the cut was nice and I like how it is growing out.

Check out Salon Revive in DC as well. They are not Devachan trained, but the owners are fine-haired naturals and they seem to know a lot about hair. I did my big chop there and only went to Fiddleheads for my shape-up because I couldn't get an appointment when I wanted it.

Thank you ladies for all of your suggestions. I am researching all of the suggestions you gave me. I also got another suggestion for Curl Lounge in Raleigh, NC. Going to keep reading reviews, make some calls and will make a decision soon.

[USER=1768 said:
CurleeDST[/USER];16780009]What is a Deva cut?

A deva cut is the name for a cut inspired by Lorraine Massey, the name behind the Curly Girl Method. It is a cut done while the hair is curly vs. it being straightened first. Only those certified by the Deva Chan Salon in NY can give Deva Cuts.

Her whole business brand is Deva something: Deva Chan, Deva Curl, Deva Cut, etc.

Back