Detanglers

Healthb4Length

Can anyone give me the names of some good detanglers. My hair is really thick and always tangles, I've tried using essential oils and gently combing but no luck, please help!
rosebud.gif

My hair is thick too. I spray my hair with distilled water & conditioner (or glycerine) mixed in and work the tangles starting from the bottom of my hair towards my scalp with a wide tooth comb.

Someone mentioned Nexxus Ensure on another thread as an excellent product to use, that's on my shopping list.
tongue.gif

I just bought the new Profectiv 2 phase detangler.. and I love it. It works really well.. I love all their products though

I used a generic version of Paul Mitchell's detangler.

I mix it with my conditioner and poof! Tangle free
smile.gif

I'll bet mixing Paul Mitchell's detangler with a little LUST would be really good. I might have to try that.

LondonDiva raves about Kids organics Detangling Shea Butter lotion. I havent tried it on wet hair yet. Today, my stylist used a spray by Zotos called Porosity Corrector to detangle my hair before rollersetting.

I like biolage daily leave-in tonic. I saturate my hair with it and seems to untangle easily. Also, use a conditioner that is moisturizing and has some sort of slip like pantene. I use kenra moisturizing and lustrasilk deep conditioner and comb it through before rinsing with a comb and during rinsing with your finger. There was a HUGE difference in using these products for me. I am transitioning so tangling is an issue for me as well.

I use Creme of Nature (the green one) and it detangles nicely. Also when i use my conditioner i comb from my ends upward so i can get all the kinks out before i start combing all the way through. On growaforhairlong.com the hair lady says combing hair all the way through when it has kinks in it has been known to thin out the ends of hair..... Hope this helps....

God bless

Crystal

Biolage Detangling Solution and Joico Integrity Detangling Leave-in are great for the really tough tangles (the kind that make you think you have to CUT them out)!! I keep them both around for emergencies. LUST is also really good for normal detangling needs.

Alli77,

Creme of Nature is my favorite and by far the best detangler I've found for my thick relaxed hair.

But when I'm sick of that smell, I have used Pantene Light conditioner spray and Elasta QP Intensive treament( gives awesome slip.)

Beware: the Elasta product is Protein so when using this treatment, every 3 weeks, I follow with Keracare Humecto conditioner (moisture). No other product is needed after the rinse to detangle.

Good luck!
AZjeepgurl

Back