Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2011 (Part 4)

Pre-poo with Grapeseed oil overnight, shampoo with moisturizing poo, DC with Kenra MC with heat for 40 mins, rinse and did rollerset. my hair was easily detangled and very moisturized. I'm currently 14wks post relaxer and getting a comb through my NG was easy.

Last week I used Renpure Organics Amazing Miracle DC. Yesterday I used a small amount of Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner mixed with Silicon Mix and I DC'ed overnight. I'm going on wash that out today.

i havent deep conditioned in two weeks. kept my hair straight so i could get a trim. but i couldnt find someone i trusted so i did it myself. but now im scheming on a mega, 24 hour deep conditioning session. yes! cant wait :)

DCing overnight with Claudie's Avocado Intense conditioner. Its my first time using it so I'm not adding anything to it.

ETA: Well that was an epic fail. I went to rinse it out in the shower and I couldn't even comb my hair. I used three different other conditioners after that and still had matting and tangles. Finally I had to just wash it out with aphogee deep moisture shampoo. That's what saved me. *sigh* This has me so dejected! I lost quite a bit of hair.
I'm sure the conditioner will work well for others as a DC, but I'm gonna have to stick to 5 minutes or less with this one.

I DC'd overnight with Giovanna Smooth as Silk Conditioner. I love the results because my hair isn't just soft and silky, my hair is feels strong. I can't wait to steam with this one day.

Did a protein treatment friday. Overnight DC'ed with ORS Replenishing Condish.

Sad, I was too sleepy to even wash it out my hair that night. I didn't plan on overnight conditioning, but it came out great.

dc'ing right now. ao hsr. it's been in for hours already, i dont even know what time it was when i put it on.

i wonder if it'd make a difference if i went under my hooded dryer? i'm trying to make use of it because i had stopped using it for a long time. i paid the money for it, might as well use it. haha.

DCing under my heat cap on dry hair with AO Blue Chamomile. Haven't done a DC on dry hair with this before. Looking forward to seeing how it works.

Desperately trying to get some moisture back into my hair. Spritzed it with a mix of water, grapeseed and sunflower oil. Mixed Mizani Intense moisturizing treatment, JBCO, EVOO, grapeseed, and avocado oils and applied that next. Will steam for about 15 minutes.

I applied henna treatment and covered my head with a plastic cap. I mixed 1 box of Mumtaz henna, Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture conditioner, 3 tablespoons honey, 3 tablespoons sesame oil. My hair was pre-oiled with Neem oil. I sprayed it with distilled water, smoothed the water through hair in sections by hand before applying the henna.

Just rinsed. I ended up putting the red palm oil & castor oil on over the conditioner and then going under the dryer for about 20 minutes...didn't rinse right away, though...was about an hour.5 before I did...anyway, my hair feels great. Definitely needed that moisture bad. I've been dc'ing every 4 days or so...

The frequency is needed with my hair.

Dc'd on dry hair with Shea moisture anti-breakage masque. Also washed and put in Adore jet black rinse which I follwed with Cream Of Nature Argan Oil intensive Treament for 20 minutes.
Sent from my HTC Glacier using HTC Glacier

Finally did a protein and moisturizing DC today. First, aphogee 2 min mixed with hv acai berry for 40 minutes. Used the last bit of both. Then DCed with ORS Replenishing and oils, aloe and a lil humectress for four hours. 45 mins under the dryer, the rest doing housework and watching tv. Put curlformers in the front so I can wear my halfwig this week

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF :)

I liked the way my hair felt after I let the AO Blue Chamomile sit for a while. Unfortunately, I did not pay attention to how my hair felt when I rinsed it. I moved to the oil rinse too quickly. When I oil rinsed my hair didn't feel that great but probably because I just used any type of oil.

Will try to pay better attention next time.

I am already thinking ahead to my wash day this upcoming weekend. I think I want to try an ayurvedic paste for the first time and steam with it.....BUT I REALLY wanna try DB Pumpkin Seed DC. Everytime I open my hair stash cupboard :look: I open it and smell it. It smells SO YUMMY :lick:!!!

After scanning over my stash and weighing the pros and cons and ingredients and results of each conditioner :giggle: I decided to dc tonight with Marie Dean Seaweed & Rice. :drunk:

dc'ed last night (aubrey organics hsr). for about 1.5 hours without heat and then i put castor/red palm/sunflower oil on top of my conditioner and sat under the dryer for about an hour.

next dc will probably be on sunday. it'll be my first dc in my family's new place. haha. we're moving tomorrow.

Washed with Keracare,Cacao Bark B.A.S.K Dc Mask 1hr,Donna Marie Miracle Detangle rinse,Donna Marie Detangle/Conditioner as a leave-in,Camille Rose (Almond Jai Butter) & Sealed with Walnut oil...Applied Hairitage (Calming Cream) on scalp,Rubbed Peppermint pomade on edges...

*Donna Marie to my surprise worked very well as a rinse & leave-in...(Smell is incredible)-I think I would use it as a leave-in for the spring/summer weather & use it as a rinse out year-round...

*Camille Rose (Almond Jai Butter) was the perfect topping/Hair is soft & smooth...

*B.A.S.K dc Mask is the love of my life...enough said...lol

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:
Back