Delightfully Delicious Challenge 2011 (Pt.1)

DC'd Tuesday night wth Mizani Moisturfusion and ORS Replenshing Pak, covered with plastic cap and let sit for about 2hours :lick:

Next DC will be either Saturday or Sunday

Count me in! Since I'm running a BSS out of my apt, I'm in desperate need of this challenge! My starting pic is in my sig.

Sign me up for all 4 legs:
DC 2x week (at least once with steam)
I'll either be using Silicon Mix or Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm from now until I relax (maybe at the end of my 6 month stretch next week...) and after I relax I'll start digging into the mountain of conditioners in my closet. I'll be back to update what I'm using after I relax.

I'm in, I need to up my dc game in 2011.

Welcome aboard Trini_Chutney! how often are you planning to DC?

Count me in! Since I'm running a BSS out of my apt, I'm in desperate need of this challenge! My starting pic is in my sig.

Sign me up for all 4 legs:
DC 2x week (at least once with steam)
I'll either be using Silicon Mix or Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm from now until I relax (maybe at the end of my 6 month stretch next week...) and after I relax I'll start digging into the mountain of conditioners in my closet. I'll be back to update what I'm using after I relax.

Welcome! :) Wow, a BSS in your apt! You must have all kinds of good stuff :yep:

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!

:yay:DDDC OFFICIALLY KICKS OFF!:yay:

Welcome aboard the DC Express!

smiley-welcome-train.gif

Our service to longer healthier, more managable hair! Challengers, Have your DC's ready for boarding :)

Got in my first DC for the year; ORS replenishing, 1 hr, no heat :) It was supposed to be a Kiya fizzle but it didn't fizz :lol:

Today I will be Dcing with Giovanni SAS Conditioner after my henna and indigo treatment. I will be mixing it with Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner.

Hey ladies,
I did an aphogee 2-step then DCed with steam for about 40min with a mix of Skala chocolate, aloe vera juice, CON argan oil condish and grapeseed oil. My came out very soft .

Last edited:
so im deep conditioning right now with a hefty spoonful of salt, a third of a cup of water, suave s&a, suave pomegranate splash, 2 scoops of soy oyl deep conditioner, and a scoop Roots of Nature reconstructing deep treatment with a spoonful of africa's pride olive miracle growth oil :look: first of the year!!

so im deep conditioning right now with a hefty spoonful of salt, a third of a cup of water, suave s&a, suave pomegranate splash, 2 scoops of soy oyl deep conditioner, and a scoop Roots of Nature reconstructing deep treatment with a spoonful of africa's pride olive miracle growth oil :look: first of the year!!

What does the salt do? Curious.

Okay, I need help already. I plan on dry DCing tomorrow with AO HSR, and I know I want to use the method where you apply the conditioner to the new growth with an applicator brush (like with a relaxer), but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to comb it through my hair like I normally do with my DCs. My new growth is CRAZY dry right now so I know want that conditioner to go straight to the problem. Is there anything else I can add to soften up my new growth? I got some aloe vera juice around here. Will that help?

I'm deep conditioning right now under my Pibbs with the Suave Aloe conditioner. I know not a real deep conditioner but I don't have one at the moment and I need to use up the Suave Naturals conditioners that I bought.
Forgot to mention that I used Aphogee 2-Minute before doing the DC.

Last edited:
I'm deep conditioning with Aubrey Organics HSR with salt. I'm afraid to use heat since I'm using salt for the first time. We'll see how this goes...

I don't have a camera so I don't have any pictures to display :( . I hope that's ok. I appreciate those that give pictures because I think that helps people who want to see if things like this work to help you achieve length goals. To make up for the lack of pictures, I'll try to be as descriptive as possible when giving my results and progress with this deep conditioning challenge, as well as the other challenges I'm participating in.

I think I would like to be in this as well. I have been DC'ing with Joico K-Pak Intense Hydrator (follow up to Megatek) or Fekkai or Redken...lol I have a few.

I would like to join this challenge if it's not too late. I DC weekly with a homemade DC and leave it on for several hours. I just got the huetiful hair steamer so when I DC again I will use it.

I did two deep conditions today, the first was a homemade protein treatment which I left on for 45 minutes. The second was under the steamer for 45 minutes with dark and lovely ultra cholesterol.

I'm in and will be deep conditioning weekly with Aphogee 2 minute or ORS Replenishing and Darcy Botanicals DC for now. .

Last edited:
My first DC of the new year. I just did a Aphogee 2 step, after clarifying with ORS Aloe shampoo. After I rinsed the Aphogee, I used the balancing moisturizer that was attached to the 2 step packet. Left it on wet hair for two minutes, then rinsed. Now, I have just finished steaming for 30 minutes with a mixture of AOHSR, aloe vera juice, GVP conditioning balm, grapeseed oil and raw honey. I will rinse this out later, and then flat iron for a length check and trim. :yep:

Last edited:
I am DC overnight with the Cream of nature ARgan Oil DC. I am installing braids tomorrow, and felt my hair needed moisture more than protein.

I'd love to join again this year. Last year I got lazy and only DC'd once per week. I'm going to try and step it up this year and get back to twice per week. Wishing all of you great sucess in your hair journey and in all areas of life!

Yay, wash day! Did a pre-poo with coconut and hemp oil last night. This afternoon used my homemade mayo & avocado for 30 mins under a plastic cap. Rinsed and poo'd design essentials organic cleanse. I'm under the steamer right now for 30 with pro-v restoratives breakage defense & hollywood beauty carrot cholesterol. Afterwards I'll let it cool off for 5 then rinse, finishing off with a final rinse of 1/4 cup white vinegar 2 3/4 cool water combo. Will apply a leave-in (probably infusium), detangle, separate into 6 section and braid, apply palma christi oil to the ends and let it air dry.

I thought I joined this already but I dont see a post from me anywhere in this thread. LOL Please sign me up.

I will D/C 1-2 per week using my steamer or overnight with various different conditioners.

My hair has been quite parched since I BC'd. Qhemet is out of stock at my local store AND online so I'm feenin right now. I'll have to steal some of my sister's...:sekret:

I'm planning on putting in twist extensions (I'm thinking Nubian twists/ puffy twists) so I'm in dire need of moisture. Today I steamed with Aubrey Organics HSR. I haven't rinsed yet because I don't feel like it:ohwell:.

Hey, count me in!

I'm still looking for a truly 100% natural, homemade DC recipe to stick with. I'm sort of liking what curlescience, choctaw, IslandDiva08, PositivelyRadiant, and Long-n-Strong_Naturally are doing, so I may adapt something from them. But, as much as I love oils, they gunk up my drain :ohwell: I'll be DCing 1x a week, usually do it for 6–8 hours using my heat cap (maybe I should invest in a hood?). I'll repost with a starting picture and a regimen.

Back