December 2016 What Did You Buy This Week?

Folica:
Sedu Crane Clips (My Favorites!)
Solia SuperHot Hair Dryer (Sadly my TS2-amp died R.I.P to my big homie. She held me down for years *wipes tear*)

CVS:
SM JBCO Shampoo
Hair, Skin and Nail Gummies (x's 2)

Sallys:
Olive Oil Eco Styler

Also, does anybody own the devacurl hand diffuser thingy? Is it worth it? I'm thinking of investing but I'm not trying to waste my coin. Especially, if my normal diffuser can give me similar results :look:.

Did you get an answer to the devafuser question? I have it and I like it. Get it at Ulta so you can return if you don't thin it is worth it.

I was really tempted to get some more items from Mielle Organics (Coupon code FIRSTDAY for 35% off) and some Dcs from Dominican Magic (Coupon code CM4016 for 40% off), but caved at the last minute. The sales are on tonight until 11:59 pm. Lord please help me to now go into "Use Up My Stash" mode for 2017 and save up some money :pray:.

I was really tempted to get some more items from Mielle Organics (Coupon code FIRSTDAY for 35% off) and some Dcs from Dominican Magic (Coupon code CM4016 for 40% off), but caved at the last minute. The sales are on tonight until 11:59 pm. Lord please help me to now go into "Use Up My Stash" mode for 2017 and save up some money :pray:.

Okay so today I caved on the Dominican Magic DCs and leave-in. I really want to try these. They have some cones and mineral oil in them but I don't care because I feel that the mineral oil will be on my hair and not my scalp and the cones, well I feel that my hair loves some cones anyway, plus I clarify on a regular basis too.

Plus, it was a whopping 40% Off

Dominican-Magic-Anti-Conditioner_small.jpg

1 Dominican Magic Anti-Aging Conditioner16 OZ (450mL)
FB_IMG_1441301398945_small.jpg

1 Dominican Magic Deep Fortifying Conditioner, 16 oz
Dominican-Magic-Moisture-Lock_small.jpg

1 Dominican Magic Moisture lock conditioner (Leave-In Conditioner)16 OZ
Dominican-Magic-Revitalizing-Hair-Mask_small.jpg

1 Dominican Magic Revitalizing Hair Mask16 OZ

My hair was soft, strong, and my coils were popping with this. It's a hit for me because my hair loves collagen protein but I've only used it once.
@Saludable84 can give a better breakdown of it
I wonder if it's just like the new reformulated Polymedic Emergencee :look: Because that's the one I just bought. It should be here some time next week hopefully and I hope I like it.

@rileypak

How do you use this treatment? Is it similar to the Aphogee 2 Step or do you put on a cap and go under the dryer?

@rileypak

How do you use this treatment? Is it similar to the Aphogee 2 Step or do you put on a cap and go under the dryer?

I applied it to my hair in the shower (no heat needed) then shampooed it out after 5-10 minutes. The version I bought (with no silicone) is pretty much pure protein yet didn't need heat to feel like it was working. My ends felt weird and a little stiff as soon as I applied it.
Hair felt great after I washed it out too :love:

How do you like this? I'm looking for a less messy alternative to my ApHogee 2-Step.

Hey, so I've used the emergencee in the past. It's slimy, but you don't need a lot and you don't need heat. I've left it on for 5 minutes in the shower and I didn't need a treatment for about 6 weeks. What I like most about it is that there is no downtime, meaning, I don't need to use heat and pause my wash day.

Polymedic needs heat to work "effectively" and about 20 minutes of it. It would be similar to aphogee or Sebastian. You don't have to use heat, but you would have to leave it on for a while.

I don't remember the current formulas, but I always recommend emergencee over polymedic if you are looking for something quick and effective with the least amount of downtime.

Thanks @rileypak

Hey, so I've used the emergencee in the past. It's slimy, but you don't need a lot and you don't need heat. I've left it on for 5 minutes in the shower and I didn't need a treatment for about 6 weeks. What I like most about it is that there is no downtime, meaning, I don't need to use heat and pause my wash day.

Polymedic needs heat to work "effectively" and about 20 minutes of it. It would be similar to aphogee or Sebastian. You don't have to use heat, but you would have to leave it on for a while.

I don't remember the current formulas, but I always recommend emergencee over polymedic if you are looking for something quick and effective with the least amount of downtime.

Thanks @rileypak
Yes I was looking for the emergencee but every site indicated that they were no longer in stock. Has it been discontinued?

Last edited:
Back