DEAL: HOT TOOLS TOURMALINE IONIC ROLLAROUND DRYER

Are you interested in purchasing the HOTTOOLS dryer (1059)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You ladies are always on time. This is the exact dryer i was gonna get b/c i couldn't afford the pibbs just yet. I also researched and that was the best price i saw as well. Would love to get into this deal. Subscribing away.

Hey Ladies,

I bought this dryer about a year ago. It worked GREAT for about a year and now it does not get hot like it did in the beginning. I bought a Pibbs 514 and although the hood is not as large at the Hot Tools, it gets hot and stays that way until I turn it off.

I have tried to use my Hot Tools a few other times even after buying the Pibbs, since the hood is larger, but it gets "warm"...not hot. So, i'm not sure if this dryer's motor is for the long haul.

Just thought I'd pass this along before anyone buys.

Sorry to burst your bubbles :look: but I bought this dryer last year and never really liked it; the HIGH HEAT/HIGH SPEED was TOO hot, and the HIGH HEAT/LOW SPEED was not quite powerful enough... Then one day while my daughter was under it, with the HOT/HIGH speed level, she started to smell a weird burning odor. Ever since then the LOW/HIGH speeds were one and the same; no difference between the two (it was "stuck" on high")... and every time I put it on HIGH heat, that burning smell began... The dryer worked okay on LOW HEAT but of course, took forever to dry the hair... I was able to get in touch with Helen of Troy and since it had been less than a year since I bought it, they told me to send the dryer back (at my expense... $15.00 by Parcel Post) and now they've told me that the dryer is on back order and gave me the option of obtaining a refund of the $140.00 that I paid for it. I accepted, especially since I never was that fond of the dryer anyway!! :perplexed

I recently bought the Gold N Hot soft bonnet dryer, which I don't like either... so I'm still on the lookout for my holy grail hair dryer... :look:

Sorry to burst your bubbles :look: but I bought this dryer last year and never really liked it; the HIGH HEAT/HIGH SPEED was TOO hot, and the HIGH HEAT/LOW SPEED was not quite powerful enough... Then one day while my daughter was under it, with the HOT/HIGH speed level, she started to smell a weird burning odor. Ever since then the LOW/HIGH speeds were one and the same; no difference between the two (it was "stuck" on high")... and every time I put it on HIGH heat, that burning smell began... The dryer worked okay on LOW HEAT but of course, took forever to dry the hair... I was able to get in touch with Helen of Troy and since it had been less than a year since I bought it, they told me to send the dryer back (at my expense... $15.00 by Parcel Post) and now they've told me that the dryer is on back order and gave me the option of obtaining a refund of the $140.00 that I paid for it. I accepted, especially since I never was that fond of the dryer anyway!! :perplexed
I recently bought the Gold N Hot soft bonnet dryer, which I don't like either... so I'm still on the lookout for my holy grail hair dryer... :look:

:detective:Thanks so much for the info this dryer was sounding like a promising alternative to a PIBB dryer, but I don't want a dryer that will diminish over time. So I think I'll continue to pray that Tony has a PIBB for me.

Sorry I've been away from computer for couple days Dreamsicles.... but I have nothing major to report. I'll give Tony an estimate of numbers according to post *just as an estimate* and well go from there.

Thanks MadisonK and Lindy! Gives me/us somthing to think about.

Thx Lotus, I'm in such need for a dryer, my table top conair is broke. Or at least can we get another pibbs deal going, I need something,lol.

Thx Lotus, I'm in such need for a dryer, my table top conair is broke. Or at least can we get another pibbs deal going, I need something,lol.

Yep.. my hood is cracked. I need another one too. I was/am excited about the tourmaline dryers... that's why I choose not to go with Pibbs. I did a little research and this seemed to be the highest rated T-dryer.. but now, Im not so sure. I wish Pibbs would make a T-dryer :yep:.

BTW- I havent been on board for a few days... but I think Pibbs offer is still good.

Update: I've kept in contact w/Tony off and on over last week or so. He's checked on total cost and shipping. Per Tony, this dryer is heavier than the Pibbs... so the reduced price he thought he'd be able to offer (didnt tell me what that was) he wont be able to do. He said he'll still beat the 99.99 quote... but wont be by much.

Just spoke w/Tony and he requested I email him. He'll reply w/a discount code for LHCF and a link. I hope to have that posted shortly.

Thanx Lotus I was beginning to think that the deal was off. I'll be waiting for your response, no rush, noooo rush,lol.

i missed out on the pibbs because i had an epiphany, and realized that as a poor college student, the last thing i need is to spend the little money i have on a $235 hair dryer.

but i can actually justify purchasing one like this!
That's exactly what I was thinking. I was going to shell out the money for the Pibbs and had to re-think that step. It just didn't make sense to me knowing that I had other expenses. Not fun being a broke college student at all! I'll be sticking to my table-top bonnet that's still getting the job done. I still dream about my future Pibbs though :spinning:

I already got the Pibbs, but I probably would have checked out. BTW, I do loves it! It's way better than my tabletop.

Hey ya'll. Just poppin' in to let ya'll know I havent forgotten. I've recieved offers... I just have one more thing to clarify (I will have it on Tuesday) and I'll post the offer at that time.

I'm interested. I had a similar epiphany as a broke single mother of three and college student concerning the Pibbs...so this should work as my entry level dryer...

Ladies,

Please check your PM's. At this time, Tony can only secure 60 dryers at the discounted rate.

In addition, at this time, the web based code will only work for one dryer. If you are ordering more than one dryer at a time (same shipping address), please reference (1)the total number of dryers ordered and (2) request the applicable amount be adjusted on your final bill in the notes/comment section.

Ladies,

Please check your PM's. At this time, Tony can only secure 60 dryers at the discounted rate.

In addition, at this time, the web based code will only work for one dryer. If you are ordering more than one dryer at a time (same shipping address), please reference (1)the total number of dryers ordered and (2) request the applicable amount be adjusted on your final bill in the notes/comment section.
Will he ship to Canada?

Back