Day 1 best tressed, Day 2 HOT A** MESS

LadyChe

Anybody else sufferring from this disease?

I just did a rollerset yesterday morning. My hair was flowing, beautiful, shiny and bouncy. The curls fell by 4pm. The pouf started at 5pm.

And today I'm in a chingon.

Anybody else... anyone?

LadyChe said:
Anybody else sufferring from this disease?

I just did a rollerset yesterday morning. My hair was flowing, beautiful, shiny and bouncy. The curls fell by 4pm. The pouf started at 5pm.

And today I'm in a chingon.

Anybody else... anyone?

It happens to me when it's humid out. How did you put up your hair at night to hold up the curl? I find that wrapping doesn't work for me, I'm better off just doing a very loose pin curl, that seems to keep the style for at least 3-4 days or until I'm bored and want something new.

Curls are hard to keep sometimes.

My problem is in order to keep my ends protected, I'll have to wash it and put it in a bun a few days after a $75 visit to the salon. So I'll tell my mom that I just got my hair done, and by the time she sees me two days later, it's airdrying in a crincly bun.

Then she gives me the "whoever does your hair should be shot" look.:D

Alli77 said:
It happens to me when it's humid out. How did you put up your hair at night to hold up the curl? I find that wrapping doesn't work for me, I'm better off just doing a very loose pin curl, that seems to keep the style for at least 3-4 days or until I'm bored and want something new.

Wrapping doesn't do it for me anymore either. At chin and shoulder length, my wraps would last for days... Now they just fall flat. I guess because of the length? Next time I wear my hair out I will be trying pincurls at night.

:lachen:at the title of the thread though...

baglady215 said:
Wrapping doesn't do it for me anymore either. At chin and shoulder length, my wraps would last for days... Now they just fall flat. I guess because of the length? Next time I wear my hair out I will be trying pincurls at night.

Yeah me too! But about the pin curl, you don't even have to do it in the formation of a pin curl, just use some bobby pins and secure hair in the roller position, I hope this makes sense?:confused: I saw it in BrEe's album and it allowed her to keep her curls longer.

Alli77 said:
[/b]

Yeah me too! But about the pin curl, you don't even have to do it in the formation of a pin curl, just use some bobby pins and secure hair in the roller position, I hope this makes sense?:confused: I saw it in BrEe's album and it allowed her to keep her curls longer.

I know what you mean. I will try that as well. :)

baglady215 said:

Yeah, I think you guys are right. I'm in my erryday bun now, but the next time I rollerset, I'll put some pins in at night to keep the curl.

I'd like to try a beter setting lotion too...

any ideas?

If this was due to humidity, you could try an Anti-humectant. Aveda makes an excellent one that I use when it's really bad here.

It's a trade-off though. When I say this stuff repels moisture, I'm so serious. You will not be able to get any good moisture into your hair until you wash it out. I only use it when I'm cowashing once a week or less, so that I know my hair won't turn into straw. When I use it, I can keep a style for the whole week.

Back