Dating more than one guy........

Bublin

I have been on just one date with a guy and am going out on another on Saturday. We've mainly talked on the phone. He has made it clear he really likes me.

Thing is i met a guy on a dating site just before this and now he wants to step things up a notch - ie now he wants to exchange phone numbers. I'm delaying him by saying i want to get to know him more via email before i do that.

Would it be cheating or bad practice for me to go on date with the internet man?

You see, on paper they are both really great - and if i went on a date with the first guy i would feel dishonest even like i'm cheating.

What if i meet the internet one and he is even better in real life than in person - then i'll have a bigger dilemma on my hands.

I know alot of you ladies date more than one guy at a time so i hoping for some advice on how to handle this.

Does the first guy expect monogamy, and did you reinforce this expectation of monogamy by saying or implying in word or action that you were going to date only him?

If the answer is "no," then stop feeling guilty and go out with the second guy. You're not in a relationship with the first guy, and if one date is all you've been on, trust that he's almost certainly dating others too because "really" liking you and dating only you are two very different things.

There is NOTHING wrong with dating more than one guy at a time. That is what dating is all about. You are trying to find the right man for you... you may have to go thru a few guys before you find him :yep: And unless either of these men think that they are the only ones then I say go ahead and enjoy yourself. You will know eventually which one you like most and the other relationship will fizzle out!

Both of these guys are new in your world. So unless you've expressed wanting to date exclusively to the first guy, you're not cheating. You're early in the getting to know each other phase so keep it light. Chances are excellent in a little while you'll like one guy more than the other and the other relationship will fall by the wayside.

Girl please...I once had three dates in one day. I was bored that day, haha. Never saw one of those guys after that day. And the others were jerks.

Quality over quantity, I'd say. Which is why I got back with my boyfriend cause I'd just think about him during all my dates.

I have been on just one date with a guy and am going out on another on Saturday. We've mainly talked on the phone. He has made it clear he really likes me.

Thing is i met a guy on a dating site just before this and now he wants to step things up a notch - ie now he wants to exchange phone numbers. I'm delaying him by saying i want to get to know him more via email before i do that.

Would it be cheating or bad practice for me to go on date with the internet man?

You see, on paper they are both really great - and if i went on a date with the first guy i would feel dishonest even like i'm cheating.

What if i meet the internet one and he is even better in real life than in person - then i'll have a bigger dilemma on my hands.

I know alot of you ladies date more than one guy at a time so i hoping for some advice on how to handle this.

Two dates and some phone time and you're committing yourself to him? Is he worth it? Do you know anything about his character? Do you honestly think he's committed to you after TWO dates?

Co-sign on what the other ladies have said.

You haven't decided to be exclusive with anyone, right? Then you shouldn't feel bad.

The key however, is to let both guys know that they aren't the only guy you are seeing. Honesty is always the key.

I dont think you have to tell them ish....dating is dating. Neither is your boyfriend. you should be looking for a friend first more than anything.

We as black women need to learn how to date. I see so many sista's meet one guy and put everything on hold. Make yourself unavailable sometimes.

You've been out on ONE date with this guy.

Girl, you better not DARE put all your eggs in one basket.

As long as you are honest, I see no problem with dating more than one guy at once.

We as black women need to learn how to date. I see so many sista's meet one guy and put everything on hold. Make yourself unavailable sometimes.

I agree with this statement and many other's

I hear all you ladies and OK OK - i'll date them both - yeh, why should i put all my eggs in one basket.

Thanks for all the advice.

I dont think you have to tell them ish....dating is dating. Neither is your boyfriend. you should be looking for a friend first more than anything.

Now what would happen to me is that I'd only meet one guy at a time that I was interested in dating so it was that way by default. But I have dated more than one fella at a time and it is the way to go!
Make them work for you!:laugh:

Even if you do end up only dating one of them, don't always be available when they call. Make them wonder! When a woman has (or appears to) a full life w/o him it makes her more attractive IMO.

Back