Dating and Weight loss

ckisland

(I posted this in the Single's thread but thought that I might get more eyes here)
Ladies, question:

If you were on a weight loss journey, would you wait to lose some of your weight (let's say about 20 lbs) before joining dating apps, or would you just jump on and see what happens? Has anyone had any experience being bigger in the dating world, or losing weight while dating?

I want to lose a significant amount of weight (about 100 lbs), but 1) it's going to take at least the entire year to accomplish or 2) I might have lots of stops and starts and not reach my goal this year. I'm 33 years old, I'm starting from scratch, and I want to be married within the next year. I keep putting off dating for the sake of self-improvement, but I haven't really made any progress. I don't want to put off dating another year, but I also know that the smaller I am the better my dating pool can potentially be.

Ok so I’m going to keep it real. So you can’t stop life because of weight like if your 600lbs then yes because getting self sufficient would be it and it can bring users. As a plus girl I have my standards that don’t waiver. Yes, if I was a slim 150 my odds would be robust as I’m a very equal opportunity housewife lol. As you mentioned weight loss isn’t linear. I have over the yrs lost 100lbs but didn’t enjoy the fruits of such and blew back up and the pandemic isn’t helping with working.
Create your standards what you want, dress cute in your profile like you may be plus but we not doing frumpy, connect with who you like and know you are the pride babe.

Don’t accept crumbs either sometimes as a plus lady we can have a chip on our shoulders or not bring the heat in comparison to our smaller ladies. Some men will try to play in your face thinking they are getting a catch but on sale but make them work.

Dating and relationships can have a great impact on you, especially if you are an emotional eater and you have issues with seeking outside validation. I say to make sure you are at a healthy place mentally before stepping out and to be honest, I would lose the 20 pounds first if that is your goal. Healthy coping strategies need to be put in place to help reduce stress eating first. Losing those 20 pounds and living a lifestyle of someone that is 20 pounds lighter is something to weigh in on. I recently lost some weight and pinpointed something of the things I was doing and eating that allowed that extra weight to creep up on me. Now I’m aware of those things and put healthy and positive alternatives to produce better outcomes and keep myself in check. Deal with the emotional weight first before you get out.

Last edited:
Ok so I’m going to keep it real. So you can’t stop life because of weight like if your 600lbs then yes because getting self sufficient would be it and it can bring users. As a plus girl I have my standards that don’t waiver. Yes, if I was a slim 150 my odds would be robust as I’m a very equal opportunity housewife lol. As you mentioned weight loss isn’t linear. I have over the yrs lost 100lbs but didn’t enjoy the fruits of such and blew back up and the pandemic isn’t helping with working.
Create your standards what you want, dress cute in your profile like you may be plus but we not doing frumpy, connect with who you like and know you are the pride babe.

Don’t accept crumbs either sometimes as a plus lady we can have a chip on our shoulders or not bring the heat in comparison to our smaller ladies. Some men will try to play in your face thinking they are getting a catch but on sale but make them work.
Responding to the bold. Thank you for saying this. I'm worried that I may go out there and subconsciously accept crumbs because I wish that I was a little bit smaller. I want a stellar man, and I don't want to settle. I need to put pen to paper and write my standards down so that there more concrete.

Dating and relationships can have a great impact on you, especially if you are an emotional eater and you have issues with seeking outside validation. I say to make sure you are at a healthy place mentally before stepping out and to be honest, I would lose the 20 pounds first if that is your goal. Healthy coping strategies need to be put in place to help reduce stress eating first. Losing those 20 pounds and living a lifestyle of someone that is 20 pounds lighter is something to weigh in on. I recently lost some weight and pinpointed something of the things I was doing and eating that allowed that extra weight to creep up on me. Now I’m aware of those things and put healthy and positive alternatives to produce better outcomes and keep myself in check. Deal with the emotional weight first before you get out.
The excitement I feel about the idea of a 20 lbs lighter version of myself is more than the excitement I feel towards dating right now. I just don't want to stay trapped in the cycle of not losing the weight and not dating either because I didn't lose the weight. I just need to buckle down, get serious, and knock this weight off.

The excitement I feel about the idea of a 20 lbs lighter version of myself is more than the excitement I feel towards dating right now. I just don't want to stay trapped in the cycle of not losing the weight and not dating either because I didn't lose the weight. I just need to buckle down, get serious, and knock this weight off.
Yes!!! Get excited!
find out what are some of roadblocks. What are your triggers that get you off of your game? You don’t have to answer that, just throwing that out there for perspective. What you are facing is something I’m facing as far as starting a new career. Needing to prove I’m good enough. Don’t let dating be the end result! Looking and feeling better for you is the goal!
And dating will come. It’s cold out, spring and summer is where all the fun action takes place!

Responding to the bold. Thank you for saying this. I'm worried that I may go out there and subconsciously accept crumbs because I wish that I was a little bit smaller. I want a stellar man, and I don't want to settle. I need to put pen to paper and write my standards down so that there more concrete.
Don’t settle like our society has the weird performative worth thing which we subconsciously flow in. I don’t need to compare I’m too gorgeous for scraps and so are you.

Back