Damaged goods???

Bubblingbrownshuga

I saw this on another thread, posted by claudia:

'Nope. Most of them are damaged goods... '

Nevermind the context in which she stated it, check out the damaged goods part.

Someone a long time ago (a male) told me this about himself. I didn't understand what it meant, but now I am thinking that it means he ain't worth nothing and he knows it.

What do you ladies think?

I think I've mostly heard it referring to someone who has emotional baggage/bitterness due to a past relationship.

Well it was a warning, in a sense. He was damaged goods at the time. But it doesnt mean that one day he won't be.

I don't say it like THAT...but I am not ready to be with anyone right now...and I just say that I am not ready. Don't think I am damaged goods. But everyone has their different ways of saying things. I just know I have some ishnit with me right now and it wouldn't be fair to involve someone in it knowing good and well I'm not ready...

...that could be what he meant...

It usually means someone who is "washed-up" in terms of relationship.

- emotional damage
- used up sex organs
- too set in their ways to change or accomodate another
- bitter az hail
- too many children

I always thought it meant someone single with kids and mental issues or was/is a wh*re

It can mean a lot of things; I also think its one of those things where the meaning is determined by you.

A single person with kids could be seen as damaged goods by someone.

Damage goods...like...

A woman with a nice body but a butterface. Her body is the "goods" but the face is the "damage".

lol

It usually means someone who is "washed-up" in terms of relationship.

- emotional damage
- used up sex organs
- too set in their ways to change or accomodate another
- bitter az hail
- too many children

Yep, Damaged Goods can have a whole pile of meanings...
some damage is reversable though... like finding someone he likes enough to change his ways... or loving life to become less bitter...

Too many children and used up organs? =it's a wrap

I think I know the threa dyou're talking about.

I think it basically refers to someone who has a trait/experience that you cant live with

So for some, that might be that the person isnt a virgin, or went through an abusive relationship that they havent bounced back from.

I've heard a lot of white men see white women who have been with black men (especially if she had a kid by him) as damaged goods

Back