Daily Washing Challenge Part 2

lthomas1

Hair Power!
Let's continue the challenge thru the summer for maximum hair growth. Yes, it does include co washes. I have great results from wetting my hair on a regular basis. This challenge will end on Labor Day. I will post an update once a month. Come on ladies it is late spring so don't use cold weather as your excuse. This is the best time of the year for hair growth. LET'S GROW SOME HAIR!!!!
smile.gif

Re: Daily Washing Challenger Part 2

I'm in! Summer is my time for daily rinsing or shampooing anyways...and I get the most growth!

<font color="purple">I sure hope you don't take any prisoners for this!
laugh.gif
I'm slacking and I need to get back to my daily misting/CO washes. I want lots of growth this summer too! </font>

I somehow missed this challenge. What do you do-wash your hair daily or just rinse your hair daily? And if daily, when do you guys (w/ 4B type hair) wash it? After or before work? Reason I'm asking is because I don't have the kind of hair that I can just wet and be out. If I washed daily (say before work), I would have to blow dry, style, etc., etc., all before work. Please explain or post the link to this challenge. I'd like to start, but I'm not sure what it entails.

How do you guys wear your hair after washing each day??? How do you dry your hair???

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
How do you guys wear your hair after washing each day??? How do you dry your hair???

[/ QUOTE ]
i air dry my hair in a braid(like in my avatar), bun, the sides flatwisted back and pinned with a barette and the back open...a 'messy' french twist, a messy bun...and sometimes just open... these are 2 of my favorites ...
1.jpg

4.jpg

I think I will join. I just did a banging braidout and if it keeps on coming out like this then I will keep on condition washing.

[ QUOTE ]
cutebajangirl said:
I think I will join. I just did a banging braidout and if it keeps on coming out like this then I will keep on condition washing.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're washing every day, how are you doing a braidout? Are you washing every night and then undoing the braids in the morning? I would consider trying this but my hair doesn't even seem to dry overnight anymore!

I wash in the afternoon after exercizing, the next morning the most of it is damp but the ends are dry and the shape has formed. You have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy more hair than me so I don't know if it would dry in time for you. But maybe it is something with the amount of braids that I did because say if I made a ponytail it would be "wetter" in the same given time frame.

I'm in but will not be starting until after I get my touch up next week and will continue to Labor Day.

CO washes have helped me alot, and I am attempting to go relaxer free this summer.

I'm jumping on the bandwagon!
smile.gif
Been doing these since Feburary with great results.

Wow, I was doing this already and didn't even know about the challenge. Count me in!

When you condition wash daily do you detangling/comb every day too?

[ QUOTE ]
bimbabe said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't detangle/comb every single day. I find myself detangling and combing once a week or on an as needed basis. I find that my hands as well as the water from the shower is enough to detangle my hair. I also use my hands to style, and once in awhile, I incorporate a brush to brush only my new growth into place. This has also helped me tremendously. HTH
smile.gif

HTH
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
bollyhair said:
I somehow missed this challenge. What do you do-wash your hair daily or just rinse your hair daily? And if daily, when do you guys (w/ 4B type hair) wash it? After or before work? Reason I'm asking is because I don't have the kind of hair that I can just wet and be out. If I washed daily (say before work), I would have to blow dry, style, etc., etc., all before work. Please explain or post the link to this challenge. I'd like to start, but I'm not sure what it entails.

[/ QUOTE ]

I rinse my hair 5 out of 7 mornings in the week in the shower before class. The other two days, I wash with shampoo and deep condition at night when I have more time. I also have 4a/b hair and don't consider my hair to be the "wear wet" type either, but I'm sacrificing to get what I ultimately want to achieve. Immediately out the shower, I'll toss my hair in a bun or clip it back, and that's it. I also add a small amount of conditioner to my hair as I found out it helped tremendously in keeping my hair, for the most part, smooth. Personally, the styles I incorparate in this routine, really aren't all that bad.
smile.gif
I'll post some pics soon! HTH

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I squeeze most of the water out in the shower, and towel blot the excess for a few seconds out the shower.

[ QUOTE ]
bimbabe said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to detangle under the showerhead everyday or else I will see a ton of hair knots like I had a few months ago. Thank goodness for my seamless comb. Like Vanessa...I also finger comb...but I do this before comb out. I'm dealing with 3 inches of thick new growth...so if I didn't detangle everyday...my hair would be a hot mess.
smile.gif

I'm skird.
I see way too much hair come out regularly does not matter if i wash every 3 days or every week so daily washing seems like too much manipulation.

I thought I already post, but I was wrong, Daily wetting, I really enjoy it, and thinking about doing it twice aday and see how that goes, I just need too make time, but I do belive it can help

I ve been washing my hair every 2days..After training and every other day.I noticed an increasement of hair in the temple area which is a dream came true to me..

Back