Daily Rinsing?

Sweet_Ambrosia

Can daily rinsing be as beneficial as daily or frequent CO Washes?
What are the benefits to daily rinsing, just rinsing with water only?

TIA

Daily rinsing can be very beneficial, particularly for those who work out often. The salt contained in sweat can be harmful to your hair and scalp, potentially drying it out which leads to breakage.

Yes, I believe daily rinsing can be just as beneficial as daily cowashing, especially if you use little to no products in your hair. This method will keep your hair and scalp clean, clear, freshed, and moisturized I believe. Also make sure you do not have hard water. If you do, get a shower filter.

HTH!

i rinse every morning, mostly because i go through a rigorous twice a day workout. but i've noticed that my hair doesn't feel dry like it used to. i rinse, then apply a condish when i get out the shower and comb it thru. my hair feels moist all day.

I agree with what has been said. I use to do this, and my hair really did feel Xtra moisturized.

By the way poohbear, your hair looks great!

Sweet_Ambrosia said:

TIA

I forgot to say there is a huge sticky thread at LHC about WO for a month and its under hair polls/projects that may answer your questions.

Sweet_Ambrosia said:

TIA

for me, I have found that my hair loves it. for some reason, my hair just does better. Now I am a natural, whether twisted, or loose in the summer I cw, 3-4 times per week, and water rinse on the other days. I have found it's a great way to perk up my twists,and especially after a workout, I want to rinse all the sweat away, so that mixed w/ product will lessen buildup. Besides, I just like the way the water feels on my head :)

ajargon02 said:
for me, I have found that my hair loves it. for some reason, my hair just does better. Now I am a natural, whether twisted, or loose in the summer I cw, 3-4 times per week, and water rinse on the other days. I have found it's a great way to perk up my twists,and especially after a workout, I want to rinse all the sweat away, so that mixed w/ product will lessen buildup. Besides, I just like the way the water feels on my head :)

this is what I plan on doing starting next month...wish me luck.

tishee said:
this is what I plan on doing starting next month...wish me luck.
Tishee, I'm going to join u for june (modified). I will WO 6 days a week and low poo with CON (the red cone & sulfate free) on saturdays. I have increased my WO to 3 days a week. I thought I would have itching but no, none of that. I have also noticed less shedding too. I hope I can do it for a month. Good luck to you. BTW, I have been doing it like some other water only's at lhc, by using warm water, my finger pads, and then a cool (not cold) rinse. Then I style using my styling aids.

balisi said:
Daily rinsing can be very beneficial, particularly for those who work out often. The salt contained in sweat can be harmful to your hair and scalp, potentially drying it out which leads to breakage.

co signing!

I rinse after workouts, which is essential for me because I sweat so much. I do use a acidifying conditioner though to help keep my hair tangle free. Daily rinsing is very beneficial for me in keeping my hair moisterized.

HTH

-A

Back