D@mn It Gets Hot Under the Dryer!! How Do You Keep Cool??

Cincysweetie

I'm sitting here under the dryer (medium setting)...and it's hot outside...and I'm SWEATING! I'm even seated next to an open window! How do you all stay cool when you're under the dryer?

My House pretty much is cool all the time, and I don't stay under that dryer long, but I am going to invest in a portable hair dryer.

You might have to strip down, I notice today here in Texas that it is starting to feel like Texas Heat!

Ya'll are funny but I find drinking a tall glass of ice cold water helps to cool you down. I usually keep that nearby!!!! Try to wear light clothes like a tank top or something

Yep, drinking cold ice water definitely helps! I can attest to that! :D

Also, I like to put a light short towel around my neck so that my neck doesn't get too hot. For some reason, my neck (must be sensitive or something) gets quite hot under the dryer, so I have to put something around it. That way, my neck doesn't burn, and I also feel cooler that way.

Ladylynn said:
get a small portable fan and let it blow directly on you. It always works.

I always do this at home since my stylist started putting tower fans in the dryer room. I picked up a cheap one for like $25 at Walmart and I don't have to figure out a stable place for a table fan. I pull it right up to me and stay cool under the dryer during the summer. We hit over 90 for the first time this year. The hot weather is here!!!!

I just started deep conditioning my hair under a dyer, again. I drink icy cold spring water to keep me cool.
3.gif

Crystalicequeen123 said:
Yep, drinking cold ice water definitely helps! I can attest to that! :D

Also, I like to put a light short towel around my neck so that my neck doesn't get too hot. For some reason, my neck (must be sensitive or something) gets quite hot under the dryer, so I have to put something around it. That way, my neck doesn't burn, and I also feel cooler that way.

Alright, now!
7.gif
I do the same thing! :yep: As a matter of fact, I'm doing it, right now.

I'm a punk I can never stand the heat. I always chicken out and stick my head out for a few minutes.

btw, are yall literally typing and drying at the same time?

Brownshugaz said:
I'm a punk I can never stand the heat. I always chicken out and stick my head out for a few minutes.

btw, are yall literally typing and drying at the same time?

:lol: Yep, literally! :yep: I'm about to go rinse, now!
2.gif

Well I'm under the dryer right now, and keep me a 32oz cup of water or juice, and just sip away. I also have some BabyRuth and chips too, lol.

My dryer has a vent at the top that i can open and close. When the heat is too much, I open the vent.

About halway through drying, I turn off the dryer while I take a short (15 min) break to get a dirnk, snack, or whatever. When I come back to finish drying the dryer has had a chance to cool down a bit.

Back