Curve Salon's Silkener Secret

I would like answers too!!

I am really considering a texlax, but I don't want my hair to end up being too straight, I would be so upset if it did..

*crying*

I was thinking that too.

They should have done it on a 4a or 4b...
hmph

So once again, I'm at a lost.

Might just sit here and twist my hair now... ain't got **** else to do.

I don't texturize. Actually, I don't remember which it is but if you look through all the video links, they show a child with coarser hair. Also, the brown-skinned model on the website has what looked like 4a hair before texturizing. They showed a before of her somewhere in there.

That is VERY similar to how the Jazma video shows how they do their wash and wear relaxer application, except they use more of the teeth of the comb to apply to the hair but they do not comb through.

I'm planning on texturizing my hair today with all the good tips I've learned from this thread. I found this protein conditioner at Sally's:

Jheri Redding® Professional Natural Protein Conditioner

Rebuilds damaged hair with 100% natural ingredients. Helps reduce damage and mends spilt ends. Adds body and shine, while increasing hair's strength and resiliency. Use during a haircolor or perm service to protect and condition hair. Use after a perm for better curl retention. Great for all hair types.

It's on sale too! It's regularly 8.99, but 6.99 w/ the sally's card. AND there is a 2 dollar coupon for it in the sally's sale paper. I was going to buy aphogee proten treatment, but then I saw this and the directions seem perfect.

Directions:

For Pre-Perm Conditioning
: Apply 1/4 -1/2 oz to hair 5-10 minutes before perming. Do not rinse out. Wrap and proceed with curling lotion as usual. For better Curl retention after perming- An acidifying rinse is recommended. After neutralizing, rinsing, and towel drying hair, comb a mixture of equal parts of Natural Protein and Apple Cider Vinegar through the hair for 2-3 minutes. Rinse out and proceed with styling.

So right now, the stuff is drying on my hair. It smells really bad, lol...I It smells kinda like that brown gel mixed with WGO. I'll put before and after pics in my album.

I also bought the Silk Elements texturizer. I'm going to add 2 tbs. of EVOO to the mix before I begin and process it for the full amount of time. I want my hair to retain it's curl pattern, but silken up a bit because these tangles and poofyness are driving me insane. updates soon!

omnipadme said:
I'm planning on texturizing my hair today with all the good tips I've learned from this thread. I found this protein conditioner at Sally's:

Jheri Redding® Professional Natural Protein Conditioner

Rebuilds damaged hair with 100% natural ingredients. Helps reduce damage and mends spilt ends. Adds body and shine, while increasing hair's strength and resiliency. Use during a haircolor or perm service to protect and condition hair. Use after a perm for better curl retention. Great for all hair types.

It's on sale too! It's regularly 8.99, but 6.99 w/ the sally's card. AND there is a 2 dollar coupon for it in the sally's sale paper. I was going to buy aphogee proten treatment, but then I saw this and the directions seem perfect.

Directions:

For Pre-Perm Conditioning: Apply 1/4 -1/2 oz to hair 5-10 minutes before perming. Do not rinse out. Wrap and proceed with curling lotion as usual. For better Curl retention after perming- An acidifying rinse is recommended. After neutralizing, rinsing, and towel drying hair, comb a mixture of equal parts of Natural Protein and Apple Cider Vinegar through the hair for 2-3 minutes. Rinse out and proceed with styling.

So right now, the stuff is drying on my hair. It smells really bad, lol...I It smells kinda like that brown gel mixed with WGO. I'll put before and after pics in my album.

I also bought the Silk Elements texturizer. I'm going to add 2 tbs. of EVOO to the mix before I begin and process it for the full amount of time. I want my hair to retain it's curl pattern, but silken up a bit because these tangles and poofyness are driving me insane. updates soon!

That's a really good protein, my "original dominican salon" only uses this protein on hair. Sometimes they would mix it with a hot oil treatment. It does smell, after awhile I began to like the smell. Good luck and keep us posted.

My Hair looks amazing!!! I was so worried that I would lose my curl pattern, but My super tight coils are now slightly loose. In fact, it doesn't even look like i chemically altered my hair, it just has the same texture and curl pattern that it does when wet.

So I let the Natural Protein Conditioner dry on my hair. Then I applied the texturizer with the 2 tbs. of olive oil. I wasn't too sure about the stuff because there was this crunchy layer over the top that had crystalized before I added the olive oil. Not sure what that was all about, but just globbed the texturizer all over without combing (my hair's too thick for all that) and rinsed it off 10 minutes later. I was going to leave it on longer because I didn't want to be "under processed," but it seemed like I was loosing too much curl and I got scared.

My hair was really tangled as I neutralized because of the protein treatement. After I shampooed, I rinsed my hair in an ACV/Natural Protein conditioner mix (half and half). I let it sit for about 2 minutes and then I applied ORS Replinish pak in the shower with a plastic cap. That stuff is yummy! I've never used it before, so it may become a staple. I also poured on some olive oil because my hair was extremely dry from the protein treatment.

Then I rinsed and Behold! Fabulous curls;) I then applied Aphogee leavin in conditioner (Definitely a June Hit) and Smooth'n shine polishing curling mousse (i'm out of my usual pantene). I'll post picks as soon as my batteries finish charging.

omnipadme said:
My Hair looks amazing!!! I was so worried that I would lose my curl pattern, but My super tight coils are now slightly loose. In fact, it doesn't even look like i chemically altered my hair, it just has the same texture and curl pattern that it does when wet.

So I let the Natural Protein Conditioner dry on my hair. Then I applied the texturizer with the 2 tbs. of olive oil. I wasn't too sure about the stuff because there was this crunchy layer over the top that had crystalized before I added the olive oil. Not sure what that was all about, but just globbed the texturizer all over without combing (my hair's too thick for all that) and rinsed it off 10 minutes later. I was going to leave it on longer because I didn't want to be "under processed," but it seemed like I was loosing too much curl and I got scared.

My hair was really tangled as I neutralized because of the protein treatement. After I shampooed, I rinsed my hair in an ACV/Natural Protein conditioner mix (half and half). I let it sit for about 2 minutes and then I applied ORS Replinish pak in the shower with a plastic cap. That stuff is yummy! I've never used it before, so it may become a staple. I also poured on some olive oil because my hair was extremely dry from the protein treatment.

Then I rinsed and Behold! Fabulous curls;) I then applied Aphogee leavin in conditioner (Definitely a June Hit) and Smooth'n shine polishing curling mousse (i'm out of my usual pantene). I'll post picks as soon as my batteries finish charging.

Did you take pictures?

I've tried the protein technique twice after reading this thread. First, I tried the Aubrey's GPB on the new growth then relaxing it, but it came out under done almost like it wasn't texturized. My hair is very resistant to relaxers. So the next time (a few months later), I used one tablespoon of marine collagen mixed with water (about 2 tablespoons) and sprayed that on my roots. Then I texturized as normal and combed in the relaxer to smooth. This worked really well, but I over straightened the front edges.

I had similar results to omnipadme.

I tried the Protein in my relaxer for my last two texlaxes and I truly believe that this is part of their secret. I LOVE it. Can't wait till my whole head looks like this. My curl pattern is looser and smoother with much less frizz than before. Dare I say it made my 4b hair look more like 3ish texture and curl.

Before relaxing I coated my hair with Nexxus Emergencee.
Then I added a capful of Style One pure protein directly into my relaxer. http://www.styleone.com/store.html#6
Applied relaxer and smoothed with my hand. Whole process took 15 mins.

I played with one section a bit and no matter how much I smoothed the relaxer into my hair it did not completely straighten. And I was using a regular strength relaxer.

Here are the pics:

Before: My curls are real tight and I was hoping to loosen them up

before3.jpg

major shrinkage
before2.jpg

looks like I have no length
before1.jpg

After: looser curls

PIC_0039-1.jpg

PIC_0042.jpg

PIC_0046.jpg

you can really see the henna here
PIC_0041-1.jpg

PIC_0049.jpg

omnipadme said:
Here are the pics:

Before: My curls are real tight and I was hoping to loosen them up

before3.jpg

major shrinkage
before2.jpg

looks like I have no length
before1.jpg

After: looser curls

PIC_0039-1.jpg

PIC_0042.jpg

PIC_0046.jpg

you can really see the henna here
PIC_0041-1.jpg

PIC_0049.jpg

Wow it looks good! I'm tempted lol... I like my hair I don't have problems with manageability or anything but this shrinkage is killing me. :ohwell:

If you texturize with Silk Elements texturizer the first time, can you use Silk Elements Lye Relaxer after that? Seems like I read that you aren't supposed to do that.
Thanks,
DeAnna

Thanks ladies. And I'm going to start using that protein treatment for the heck of it. After washing the texturizer out and shampooing, it was the first time in the past few months that hands weren't covered with broken and shedded strands. Now I know what I was missing in my routine.

omnipadme said:
Thanks ladies. And I'm going to start using that protein treatment for the heck of it. After washing the texturizer out and shampooing, it was the first time in the past few months that hands weren't covered with broken and shedded strands. Now I know what I was missing in my routine.

thanks for the heads up, your hair looks great! Im gonna try this next time...Im hoping to get less frizz and more shine with my wash n go's.

Did we ever decide definitively whether you mix the protein with the relaxer or put the protein on your hair and then apply the relaxer? If you apply protein to the hair, do you let it dry first or apply the relaxer immediately after?

I plan on applying Motions Silk Protein to my hair then letting it dry........then adding a few drops of Elasta QP Protein Supplement to my relaxer.

I use s-curl texturizer. Can I do something like this when it's time for a touch-up?

400 bucks???? *Faints*
For that price I could fly from Cali to NY, go to the Dominicans, and make it back. Wow, just wow.

I might just do that!!! LOL, it really sounds like a good idea to me!!:grin:

I could actually get a ticket for about $200, but for $400, i could make a weekend out of it.

for those that used this method to texturize what did you do to prepare your hair

for example i noticed that on the website they want you to make sure your hair is in it's truly natural state so they can see the curl pattern. which means you should probably use zero heat on your hair (and maybe no products either?)

i thought about doing my hair this weekend but realize that i did use heat this week and my hair isn't in its total natura state.

anymore advice on this topic would be helpful

Back