Curve Salon Products

Nods, you're seeing right.
If I remember right, the Meringue and Pudding were both 20 and INCLUDED shipping, now it's $28 +shipping.

And the buttercreme was before given as a sample when I ordered, and IMO it is not work $48.

Well I am just glad that BBD Glass website will be up and running soon, because I rather deal with that instead.

I did a search after posting that and saw that someone mentioned the price change for the pudding before.

EbonyF, is the BBD Glass similar to the curve products? I always thought that it was a serum. Correct me if I'm wrong. People seem to like it.

I bet the ingredients in the Curly Pudding are not any more different than something you can find at the beauty supply store for less. $48!!!!!!

I thought BBD Glass and Stretch were made by Curve. I was under the impression that the new products replaced these.

BTW, those prices are outrageous. For that kinda money, they should instantly texturize the hair.

When I ordered the pudding it was $20 + $8 for shipping. The Buttercreme is waaaaaaaaay overpriced.
nono.gif
I don't begrudge anyone a profit, but $58 for a moisturizer? Child please...

FYI Ladies-- Bubble Up Styling Pudding is practically identical to the Curly Pudding and it's a lot cheaper.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I am just glad that BBD Glass website will be up and running soon, because I rather deal with that instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good! I want to try this and compare it with the others. Thanks for the heads up.

The products look nice and Im not cheap but I would NEVER pay that. They must be operating at a 300% mark up. I wouldnt mind a t-shirt though
smile.gif

FOTE Aloe vera gel works very well and you can get a huge bottle for $1.99 from big lots !!
That bubble up stuff looks interesting

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
I think they used to sell it. But I'm pretty sure it was made by another company. Big Bad something...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for clearing tha up Sassygirl. See had I know this, I would've never ordered anything from Curve. I really wanted the Glass, and thought it was discontinued. SOmeone please post when the site is up and running. Thanx ladies.

I'm gonna check out that "Bubble Up Styling Pudding"! Does the "Chocolate" pudding make your hair appear darker?

[ QUOTE ]
ChocoKitty said:
I'm gonna check out that "Bubble Up Styling Pudding"! Does the "Chocolate" pudding make your hair appear darker?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. The lady on the phone said the only difference is that that as the chocolate doesn't look white while it's drying on dark hair. That was another problem with the CP--I would have to blow dry or be trapped in the house until my hair was at least 80% dry.
ohwell.gif

(The CP is lavender in color, but it looks white on my hair for at least an hour.)

Thanks Destinee. I wonder why the Stretch is going for $45. I'll probably get the Glass just to see how it works.

I just wanted to let all of you know that I emailed Payne's Beauty Supply, Inc about stocking the Miss Jessie's products. He claims to specializes in finding hard-to-find hair care products & appliances for their customers fast. I also stated that the products had to be reasonable priced.
clap.gif

Keep me posted on how Bubble Up Styling Pudding works. Just in case he can't find the products.
nono.gif

Yes, everyone keep us updated.
I was reading some of the past posts about the curly pudding and several people said that it made their hair hard, right? Well, the curve salon website says that it doesn't. I'd like to why they're saying that and others say the opposite. It has ingredients that seem like it would make the hair hard, or somewhat firm, but definitely not soft. I don't get it. Maybe their definition of "crunch" is different from everyone elses.
confused.gif

MISS JESSIE'S CURLY PUDDING™
Turns Kinks To Curls...
A splendid emulsion for your Curls, Kinks & Waves without the "CRUNCH". This curl creme was specifically formulated to stretch out and elongate your curls for soft, maximum curl definition. Amazing for Natural Curls, Kinks & Waves, Fingerstyling,TWA's, Silkeners™, Coiling, Transitioners, Kinky Weaves, and more. Excellent for CURL SHRINKAGE!

16oz

$28 + (shipping + handling)

Although I haven't tried the Curly Pudding. I have the Glass and do like it. It defines curls and you only need a dab or else your hair will come out crunchy. IMO Curve made little money off of the Glass that they used so it was economically beneficial to create their own product. The glass and curly pudding also have the same coloring so I'm guessing that they are similar formulations. While I am a PJ, $28 + shipping? Nah. I'll pass. And the $48 product, my hair better grow an inch a week.

OMG, when will that site be up??? I'm dying to try that product!

[ QUOTE ]
EbonyF said:

Well I am just glad that BBD Glass website will be up and running soon, because I rather deal with that instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

It says in a couple of weeks, but I don't know when the "couple of weeks" actually started. I sure hope they get rid of that black background and white text in the product area. I can barely read the text.

[ QUOTE ]
CurlyCrly said:
Yes, everyone keep us updated.
I was reading some of the past posts about the curly pudding and several people said that it made their hair hard, right? Well, the curve salon website says that it doesn't. I'd like to why they're saying that and others say the opposite. It has ingredients that seem like it would make the hair hard, or somewhat firm, but definitely not soft. I don't get it. Maybe their definition of "crunch" is different from everyone elses.
confused.gif

MISS JESSIE'S CURLY PUDDING™
Turns Kinks To Curls...
A splendid emulsion for your Curls, Kinks & Waves without the "CRUNCH". This curl creme was specifically formulated to stretch out and elongate your curls for soft, maximum curl definition. Amazing for Natural Curls, Kinks & Waves, Fingerstyling,TWA's, Silkeners™, Coiling, Transitioners, Kinky Weaves, and more. Excellent for CURL SHRINKAGE!

16oz

$28 + (shipping + handling)

[/ QUOTE ]

Well here's my two cents
smile.gif
My colleague at work, just had her hair cut at Curve. She's mixed heritage, black and white, so her hair is naturally curly and she wears it curly mostly. She bought the Curly Pudding because she loved the effect it had on her hair. When they put it on your hair at the salon, they put it on wet hair and have you sit under a hooded dryer. When your hair is dry, it is hard and stiff but then they have you bend over and while your head is upside down, they use a diffuser and their hands to scrunch and lengthen the curl. Probably the heat from the diffuser softens the product and you lose the crunch. When she came to work, I felt her hair and it felt soft. Definitely not crunchy. It felt the same as mine does when I put a touch of gel in it to smooth my edges, so maybe the product works differently on different textures or maybe it's meant for people to use heat to soften the product after the initial use.
confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
3844 said:
Anyone know about any salons similar to Curves in the D.C-Baltimore Metro Area?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a guy by the name of Clint McPherson in D.C., I can't remember the name of the salon (it was a few years ago) that does the Wash n' Wear relaxer that is done at JAZMA salon in Canada. You can call Jazma (www.jazma.com) for his number.

The stuff at curves is tooooo expensive, besides what are the ingredients that make it so fantabulous(I'm really turning into a dictionary!!!)

I ordered the Curly Pudding and have yet to use it, but I did receive a sample of the Buttercreme (about a 4-5 ounce jar). The buttercreme has a strong peppermint smell that won't play nicely with most hair product scents. It's thick and yellow and reminds me A LOT of that Profectiv creme - same feel, consistency, results. NOT WORTH IT.

Back