Curve Salon Products

I like the Buttercreme, but I ain't paying $58 for it.
nono.gif
I may have to add some peppermint oil to the yellow Profectiv and see what happens.
scratchchin.gif
I did my own experiment with CD Marguerite's Magic and peppermint oil. So far, so good.
up.gif

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
When I ordered the pudding it was $20 + $8 for shipping. The Buttercreme is waaaaaaaaay overpriced.
nono.gif
I don't begrudge anyone a profit, but $58 for a moisturizer? Child please...

FYI Ladies-- Bubble Up Styling Pudding is practically identical to the Curly Pudding and it's a lot cheaper.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I am just glad that BBD Glass website will be up and running soon, because I rather deal with that instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good! I want to try this and compare it with the others. Thanks for the heads up.

[/ QUOTE ]

About the Bubble Up-what are the ingredients? It seems that you have to order by phone because I can't order it over the internet.

[ QUOTE ]
Zoe said:
Where on the site do u see the BBD Glass?

Does it have another name?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's like the second listing called 19glass.

Hi All,

New Member Here..:) I'm sorry, But I'm done with Curve Salon and their products. I'm all for supporting black business. I'm all for paying people what they are worth but this is rediculous. I went to Curve and got my hair texturized.

Issue #1: If your hair is naturally in a coarse texture when you go there they DO NOT know how to "finish" your hair. In fact my first go around with them they let me leave their with WET HAIR, talking about it needs to air dry or something bogus...If you guys only knew how much I paid to get my hair done there....

Issue #2: Their pricing is highly inflated. There is absolutely no reason at all that they charge as much as they do for a relaxer that stays on your head for two minutes flat or the Curly Pudding and Meringue or ButterCreme. I also heard from the grapevine that there was a lawsuit that forced them to move to the location that they are now because they had some woman's hair falling OUT.
Still I supported the business.

I will say that I got plenty of compliments on the SMELL of the Curly Pudding and Merginue. However, I'm not going to be price gouged. That's out. $28.00 for a jar of styling moosse with coconut oil in it is too much. $20 was pushing it. $28 that's rediculous. And $48 dollars for whipped hair grease with peppermint oil is waaay crossing the line as well....

I'll also say as a user of the BBD stretch I'm going to tell you that stuff isn't any better than Hair Mayonaise with a more plesant smell. You can also get the Mayonaise for 1/4 the cost. Ladies! save your money. Go to the beauty supply store:

The "Silkner" is nothing but Affirm Fiberguard for two minutes
The BBD Stretch you can get the same effect, maybe better with the Hair Mayo
Any good ol' school hair grease with subsitute of the Curly Buttercream

and the Curly Pudding and Merigine I'm still working on an alternative to that...but as soon as I do I'll let everyone on here know about that one too. Because honestly, it's not liquid gold and I've experienced some breakage using both.

Oh and I believe that the curly products you can find for white women in any local drugstore will work just the same if you combine them with a small amount of non drying gel.

Thanks girl, I was so impressed by their site that I was seriously considering pay all that $$$ to get my hair done. I found a really good stylist from Canada trained by Jazma and I have only heard good things about him. I had the consult and I was impressed. He charged me $10 for the consult, Curve wanted to charge me a NONFUNDABLE fee of $50! And when I talked to them I got attitude and I was told that because my hair is a little longer than shoulder lenght my charge would be about $250 , not including cut or style. No way! THanks for letting us know, they are just crazy!

Curlyq, they had you leave with your hair wet and unfinished?? Can you go more into detail about this? I am curious. Do they not know how to take care of hair that is any more curly than type 3?

I hear that the ingredients in the curly puddin are the same major ingredients in Fantasia IC.

[ QUOTE ]
gn1g said:
I hear that the ingredients in the curly puddin are the same major ingredients in Fantasia IC.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read that somewhere too.

OT: How are you doing, neighbor? /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Back