Curly Japanese Perm

Amour

Hi Ladies

I used to be on this board years ago when I was in college, then life hit and I found I had no time for my hair.

I was texlaxed/ relaxed, had a terrible hairdresser experience as a bridesmaid (was never visiting the salon ever before) which broke off my hair, so I inadvertently went natural (as did 'everyone' else it seemed). I have however just been throwing wigs on and not dealing with my hair.

I've been doing some research and toying with the idea of trying to create a curly perm using liscio. Applying the cream, rinsing, perm rod setting the hair, going under the dryer until complety dry, and neutralising. Think it would work?

Welcome back! :wave: It's never too late to get back on this hair bandwagon.

Do you have pics on how you expect your hair to turn out after using the product?

Hi Ladies

I used to be on this board years ago when I was in college, then life hit and I found I had no time for my hair.

I was texlaxed/ relaxed, had a terrible hairdresser experience as a bridesmaid (was never visiting the salon ever before) which broke off my hair, so I inadvertently went natural (as did 'everyone' else it seemed). I have however just been throwing wigs on and not dealing with my hair.

I've been doing some research and toying with the idea of trying to create a curly perm using liscio. Applying the cream, rinsing, perm rod setting the hair, going under the dryer until complety dry, and neutralising. Think it would work?

I think it should. That's exactly what the "Gina Curl" is.
I looked into the curling rod part for myself, but ultimately decided the logistics of it may be too complicated for retouches, sizes of the rods, etc.
But it can certainly be done. I would do extensive research on the process as a DIY. Watch all the videos, read all the reviews, etc. Carefully plan out the initial process and the retouches, prevent overlapping, etc.

Also, I'm sure you know but make sure you have had absolutely no previous chemicals in your hair. The usuals like: old relaxed/texlaxed/texturized strands, previous color-- especially drug store boxed dyes! Even henna. I'm also of the thought that clay masks should be added to the list beause of their super high pH on the hair strands. If you hair has had any of those things, this relaxer/perm will melt your hair off over time.

Welcome back! :wave: It's never too late to get back on this hair bandwagon.

Do you have pics on how you expect your hair to turn out after using the product?
Thanks for the welcome.

I don't have pics of what I'm looking for, I just want a tight curl, so thinking blue/ pink rods.

I think it should. That's exactly what the "Gina Curl" is.
I looked into the curling rod part for myself, but ultimately decided the logistics of it may be too complicated for retouches, sizes of the rods, etc.
But it can certainly be done. I would do extensive research on the process as a DIY. Watch all the videos, read all the reviews, etc. Carefully plan out the initial process and the retouches, prevent overlapping, etc.

Also, I'm sure you know but make sure you have had absolutely no previous chemicals in your hair. The usuals like: old relaxed/texlaxed/texturized strands, previous color-- especially drug store boxed dyes! Even henna. I'm also of the thought that clay masks should be added to the list beause of their super high pH on the hair strands. If you hair has had any of those things, this relaxer/perm will melt your hair off over time.
Interesting!

I think I'm going to give it a go.

Im missing my hair having it locked up under a wig.

I did have a thought of canerowing or braiding the hair to set a braid out style but decided to stick with true and tried perm rods as already so many variables that could go wrong. I'm at the point now of either try this or big chop and start again, I'm itching for something new.

Back