Curious: How Much MSM Is Everyone Taking

• Thread starter Thread starter ballet_bun
  • Start date Start date
B

ballet_bun

I just started taking this again. I haven't been taking it for quite some time. I am only taking 2000 mg a day. However, I think one LHCF member is taking more than that.

What were your results with increasing the dosage?

Ballet Bun ...
driver.gif

I take 5,000mg a day of powdered MSM. I've been taking this osage since about a month now. So far I've noticed my nails are growing nicely and are very strong. I also take 10mg of Freeda biotin.

I take 3-4000 mcg per day. I was taking GNC but am now trying Puritan's Pride. I take this for tendonitis and it's worked pretty well though I still have pain when it's cold.

I am taking 2000 mgs a day...with good results...nails are hard as rocks...averaging 1.5 inches of growth per month so far...and my Illitobial Band Syndrome in my right leg seems cured...I think I will keep it there though...seems to be working fine.

Thanks for responding everyone. I think I will alternate between 2000 and 3000mg every day and see what happens. I will try to get the powdered MSM mext month.

Ballet Bun ...
driver.gif

I just started my MSM, today Powder VS brand, I am starting off with about 1,000 no V.C, just trying to remember water water water.

[ QUOTE ]
happylocks said:
I just started my MSM, today Powder VS brand, I am starting off with about 1,000 no V.C, just trying to remember water water water.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vit C and MSM work together synergistically. Vit C allows MSM to be better absorbed. To ralize the full benefits of MSM, you may consider adding the vit c.

I take 1500 every night. I've done this for about 2 years. I feel that it has softened me and also assists in treating chronic pain.

Dont' forget to take vit. C with it.

I have a powdered MSM that I purchased but it tastes so abominably that I just can't do it. I've considered switching to another powdered brand but so far I have not.

I'm taking GNC's MSM 1500mg. I'm only on my 3rd week, 1 pill a day and I love the way it smells.

I mix a teaspoon of the Vitamin Shoppe OptiMSM powder with thick juice (apricot or peach or pear) in the morning and at dinner time.
guiness.gif
The bitter taste is not entirely masked by the juice, though.

Ladies,
What is MSM and where can it be purchased? What is the recommended dosage per day? I assume it's for hair growth. Is it worth the results? Tell me, tell me, tell me!
lick.gif

Thanks!

i take 1000 mgs. it seems that you have to be taking 3000 and upwards to see softer growth, huh? Hmmm...

ana

3,000 mgs Puritan's Pride powdered MSM (1/2 tsp.) I take it w/ Orange Juice in the morning. I just started taking it consistently last week.
smile.gif

i take 2000 mgs of msm- just started like a week or two ago- so i don't know the results yet and i'm not going in for a trim until March 22nd-3.75 months since my last trim. I'm up to 3.5 inches of natural curly fro currently styled in gel twists.

used to take 2000 mgs of GNC brand capsules- good results.
now taking 2000-4000 mgs of Vitamin Shoppe brand powered MSM in water. i cant taste it!

could you guys share any side effects of taking msm and how you alleviated the bad side effects?
thanks
I really want to take this but I'm scurred.

<font color="purple">I have no problems taking MSM. Last year I was taking 1200mg a day. Now I'm taking them again, but only 500mg 2-3xs a day, along with 1000mcg Biotin (Both of them are from Wal-Mart). Haven't seen any improvement on my hair and nails as of yet. I'll keep you posted. Toodles. </font>

I haven't started my vitamin regime yet but when i do i will be taken 2400mg msm and 1000mg of vitamin c along with 5mg of gnc biotin. along with other vitamins. to much to list.
lick.gif

hotshot said:
used to take 2000 mgs of GNC brand capsules- good results.
now taking 2000-4000 mgs of Vitamin Shoppe brand powered MSM in water. i cant taste it!

I can't taste it either. :)

Back