• cut and go natural?

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • transition?

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • leave be and relax again?

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

ladiinred

ok so i'm at a fork in the road..... i leave to do training for my job in a lil over a month.... and my hair will not be main focus... i just reciently cut my hair in Feb.... i guesss kinda like a BC but i didn't do it as a BC, yeah i did it cause my hair was so over process and damaged it was either let it fall out or cut it off... i am relaxed and my last relaxer was about 4 weeks ago.... i don't feel like relaxing it again the whole routine is getting tired even though i'm addicted to the way my hair looks when i relax it i honestly feel like i'll be able to get more growth with just my natural hair... but i have never dealt with more than new growth...

so if i cut it down to my natural hair what would i use on it???? would it need constant attention???

if i leave it be and just transition, what are good transition tips????

i will post pic later when i get home....

There is a "transitioners support" thread and a thread for "stretchers support" that has all the info you need. If I were you i'd leave it be and get a wig in the mean time.

Yeah, I wouldn't make any drastic decisions just yet. I'd do like the previous poster said and maybe half-wig it or something?? Or maybe braids?

Sorry I couldn't be of much help but maybe others will chime in. And good luck with checking that transitioners thread.

I realized after a month after working a very hectic job that natural hair isn't as hard as some make it seem. On a bad day, it takes me only 15 minutes to style. Learn to love the afro puff. If you decide to transition, keep in mind that not everyone cowashes daily or twists everynight. Low mani is the goal.

Not knowing your length or anything makes voting hard, so I didn't. Also, don't forget the possibility of braids or something like them. When things are getting WAY to hectic for me, I plan to buy a few packs of hair and braid up.

HTH

here are some pics of the hair cut i got in Feb( the first 2)... and where i'm at now (last 3)....

Attachments

• 100_0817.jpg
    100_0817.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_0819.jpg
    100_0819.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 100_0946.jpg
    100_0946.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 100_0947.jpg
    100_0947.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 9
  • hair2.jpg
    hair2.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 9
Are you ready to have short natural hair? If not - transitioning might be a better idea for you.

Threads that may be useful to you:

1. 2009 Transitioner's Support Thread
2. Long Term Stretch Challenge
3. Curlmeleons (Transitioning Thread)

I am currently almost 8.5 months post and I am transitioning without extensions, half-wigs, wigs or weaves BUT I think if you like them, maybe you should do one of them for the next month.. I think my hair is low maintenance and I will be able to keep up with my current regimen no matter how busy I am. My 3 main transitioning styles are in my siggy. I cowash 4 times a week (I workout 5 times a week)... more info in my fotki (see siggy).

Good luck whatever decision you make :-)

Are you ready to have short natural hair? If not - transitioning might be a better idea for you.

Threads that may be useful to you:

1. 2009 Transitioner's Support Thread
2. Long Term Stretch Challenge
3. Curlmeleons (Transitioning Thread)

I am currently almost 8.5 months post and I am transitioning without extensions, half-wigs, wigs or weaves BUT I think if you like them, maybe you should do one of them for the next month.. I think my hair is low maintenance and I will be able to keep up with my current regimen no matter how busy I am. My 3 main transitioning styles are in my siggy. I cowash 4 times a week (I workout 5 times a week)... more info in my fotki (see siggy).

Good luck whatever decision you make :-)

thank you for the info i will surely check those out... i think i am or at least i have the courage to cut off all the processed hair and start over with no relaxer this time around but i have never really dealt with my natural really so i don't know what my regi would be or how many different products it would include. and with my my up comin training i wont have have much time for a while to focus on my hair like i do now... so i need to go with the simplest healthy growth that needs the littlest amount of attention....

Back