Cowashing and wet bunning my natural hair helps me retain length (see pics)!

Diva_Esq

Since being on my natural journey and joining the hair boards, my hair has grown so much and I have been able to retain a good amount of length. :yay:

I contribute that to:

1) daily cowashing with good conditioners & leave-ins :lick:
2) wet bunning a lot :yep:
3) deep conditioning often :yep:
4) avoiding heat (I only flat iron for length checks about 4x a year and a rare special occasion) :nono:
5) regular dusting (every 12-16 weeks) :yep:
6) not wearing my hair out very often (maybe once every few weeks curly) :nono:
7) being natural (I think I was allergic to relaxer due to the severe reaction my scalp had and the constant flat ironing was thinning my hair)

Here is a photo collage of my growth progress so far. This shows my curly hair in EZ comb styles (shout out to @Pokahontas one of my LHCF hair crushes, for the idea for the style...I used to :drool: over her hair in those EZ combs when I big chopped in 2010). Normally, when I post length and progress pics on LHCF, I use straight hair pics. Doing something different...because I am truly in love with my curls! Thanks for looking and HHG! :) See you in the challenge threads! :grin:

Curly Collage:
picture.php

:love: Your hair! It's beautiful.

My natural hair likes cowashing and wet bunning too! I'm glad it's working for you. Thank you for sharing your tips with us! :yep:

Wow! You just made me wonder why the hell did i ever leave that regimen! Lol.. im going back

:lachen: Well, come on back now, ya hear! We have a cowash challenge thread and a Bunning challenge.

To all the ladies, thank you!! I appreciate the compliments.

Since being on my natural journey and joining the hair boards, my hair has grown so much and I have been able to retain a good amount of length. :yay:

I contribute that to:

1) daily cowashing with good conditioners & leave-ins :lick:
2) wet bunning a lot :yep:
3) deep conditioning often :yep:
4) avoiding heat (I only flat iron for length checks about 4x a year and a rare special occasion) :nono:
5) regular dusting (every 12-16 weeks) :yep:
6) not wearing my hair out very often (maybe once every few weeks curly) :nono:
7) being natural (I think I was allergic to relaxer due to the severe reaction my scalp had and the constant flat ironing was thinning my hair)

Here is a photo collage of my growth progress so far. This shows my curly hair in EZ comb styles (shout out to @Pokahontas one of my LHCF hair crushes, for the idea for the style...I used to :drool: over her hair in those EZ combs when I big chopped in 2010). Normally, when I post length and progress pics on LHCF, I use straight hair pics. Doing something different...because I am truly in love with my curls! Thanks for looking and HHG! :) See you in the challenge threads! :grin:

Curly Collage:
picture.php

Diva_Esq What conditioners and leave-ins are you using?

Your collage is funny to me because I thought I clicked on the 10 free holiday greeting cards thread. I was like "wow! a Christmas card with hair picks!".

Your hair is gorgeous. Loving the thickness.

Beautiful progress! Are you WSL now, or WHP?

NappyNelle: currently grazing WL stretched. I will know for sure next week or in December ehen I get my holiday flat irons and December dusting.

Diva_Esq What conditioners and leave-ins are you using?

HappilyLiberal: cowash= Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle, Paul Mitchell The Conditioner or Tresemme Moisture Rich...As I Am Coconut Cowash when I need more cleansing. leave-ins: Kinky Curly Knot Today + Miss Jessie's Pillow Soft Curls is my favorite combo. Also like Aussie Moist Conditioner or Tresemme Moisture Rich as an occasional leave-in.

Your collage is funny to me because I thought I clicked on the 10 free holiday greeting cards thread. I was like "wow! a :blush: card with hair picks!".

Your hair is gorgeous. Loving the thickness.

Keen: Lol...you may just have a money maker there! Thanks!! :)

Sigh......if only.

PYT: You can...I grew, you can too!!

Gorgeous hair I also have had a hair crush OK pokahontas for some time now 3+ years, she is the reason I found and joined lhcf!!

Simply fantastic growth! You are definitely one of my hair crushes. I've been seeing some of your posts, and it is nice to see your growth progress with your hair curly. Beautiful!

That's what I've been doing for a month and my hair is growing and looking healthy. I haven't been cowashing every day, just every 2 days.

Simply beautiful hair girl!

I have been having trouble retaining and switched my regimen to incorporate more cowashing. Your results give me hope.

Great progress! I recently went back to daily (or every 2 days) co-washing and wet bunning. I can see the difference in my hair.

Seeing your progress is so encouraging.

Great progress! I recently went back to daily (or every 2 days) co-washing and wet bunning. I can see the difference in my hair.

Seeing your progress is so encouraging.

How do you ladies style your wet bun? I'm trying to figure out how do do a daily cowashed bun without having my big forehead on display.

Back