COUGAR TOWN!!!!

OLDER WOMAN MARRYING YOUNGER MAN: WHAT # OF YRS DO U CONSIDER AS "TOO MANY"

• WOMAN IS 3-4 YRS OLDER? (fulfill both parties)

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • WOMAN IS 5-6 YRS OLDER

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • WOMAN IS 7-8 YRS OLDER

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • WOMAN IS 9-10 YRS OLDER

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • WOMAN IS 10YRS+

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN A RELATIONSHIP with a younger MAN???

IF YES....HOW HAPPY WERE YOU COMPARED TO YOUR OTHER RELATIONSHIPS?

WOULD YOU DO IT AGAIN?

HOW YOUNG ARE YOU WILLING TO GO?

DO YOU FEEL "OUT OF PLACE" HANGING WITH HIS YOUNGER FRIENDS?????????????

Last edited:
I'm undecided on the cougar bandwagon. I've meet some younger men but I'm not sure I feel comfortable going that route.

When I was 26 I dated a guy who was 22. He was really really smart and extremely mature. He was smart enough to not tell me his age until we were officially boyfriend and girlfriend. We remained friends still to this day.

I'm undecided on the cougar bandwagon. I've meet some younger men but I'm not sure I feel comfortable going that route.

When I was 26 I dated a guy who was 22. He was really really smart and extremely mature. He was smart enough to not tell me his age until we were officially boyfriend and girlfriend. We remained friends still to this day.
<----:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

I SEE SO MANY BOARDS SAYING WOMEN NEED TO "BROADEN" THERE HORIZON & "START LOOKING AT OTHER RACES AS POTENTIAL MATES"!

I'M LIKE WHAT ABOUT "EXPANDING YOUR DATING POOL BY WIDENING THE AGE BRACKET????":lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::blush:

I'm not a cougar, I look young for my age so a lot of younger guys hit on me. I'm 37 and the guy I'm seeing now is 30. When I was 24 I dated a 19yr old. Most of my SO's have been younger than me, my ex-hubby was 2wks older than me. The age diff. never bothers me or the guy I'm seeing at the time. Now that I'm 37 I wouldn't date anyone younger than 30 and no one over 40.

I'm not a cougar, I look young for my age so a lot of younger guys hit on me. I'm 37 and the guy I'm seeing now is 30. When I was 24 I dated a 19yr old. Most of my SO's have been younger than me, my ex-hubby was 2wks older than me. The age diff. never bothers me or the guy I'm seeing at the time. Now that I'm 37 I wouldn't date anyone younger than 30 and no one over 40.

down by 7....up by 3? :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

I think it all depends how old the couple is when they first get together. I have robbed the cradle before but I never thought of it as a relationship more like a boy-toy. I'm not trying to raise no man or be a suga-momma.

I think it all depends how old the couple is when they first get together. I have robbed the cradle before but I never thought of it as a relationship more like a boy-toy. I'm not trying to raise no man or be a suga-momma.

<----:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

me either ! (lol)....yet, the thought of an old wormy guy :nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

<----:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

I SEE SO MANY BOARDS SAYING WOMEN NEED TO "BROADEN" THERE HORIZON & "START LOOKING AT OTHER RACES AS POTENTIAL MATES"!

I'M LIKE WHAT ABOUT "EXPANDING YOUR DATING POOL BY WIDENING THE AGE BRACKET????":lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::blush:

You know you got me thinking. I'm 33 and I look younger I look like I'm in 19 to early 20s. I always get guys in their 20s and the occasional teenagers ( as in still in high school) teenager hitting on me. Now I might be ok dating a guy who is about to graduate university or just finished university. I've meet a lot of 25, 24 year old who happen to be on the same page as I am. But the age difference always got to me. To them it made me seem more alluring. :ohwell: I might take a splunge in cougar town. Like I mentioned in the good girl thread there are some pretty nice men in that early 20 mid 20s pool. muscles , brains and all. Its tempting.

whoooo-hoooooo!!! do you possibly see this as going towards more serious turf!!!???

marriage maybe???

I can see it getting serious, if I want it that way. What I love about him is that he's still excited about life and everything in it..most men I meet that are in their late 30's are jaded. :ohwell:

I'm taking it slow but we'll see what happens. :yep:

You know you got me thinking. I'm 33 and I look younger I look like I'm in 19 to early 20s. I always get guys in their 20s and the occasional teenagers ( as in still in high school) teenager hitting on me. Now I might be ok dating a guy who is about to graduate university or just finished university. I've meet a lot of 25, 24 year old who happen to be on the same page as I am. But the age difference always got to me. To them it made me seem more alluring. :ohwell: I might take a splunge in cougar town. Like I mentioned in the good girl thread there are some pretty nice men in that early 20 mid 20s pool. muscles , brains and all. Its tempting.

girl, i could possibly do a thesis on the differences within the age brackets of men....as she posted...jaded 30's; the stages of life are fairly clear when you began dating

girl, i could possibly do a thesis on the differences within the age brackets of men....as she posted...jaded 30's; the stages of life are fairly clear when you began dating

I wish there was a thesis or some sort of solid study /report that I could read on. I'm curious about this. It seems when you are in your 30s its harder to find a man our age that has no kids and no ex wife. so the mid 20s guy seem the way to go.

I look young to be 28. And being around a college campus, I am constantly getting hit on by youngin's. I'll feel a dude out and see what he's about. I won't shut a dude down, unless he has maturity level issues, or is just stupid young. Last dude I kicked it with was 24.

I actually have been interested in a 21 year old. His age is his ONLY problem. He is about to have two degrees, and is already accepted into med school. We have similar interests. He is very intelligent and well rounded, and we have great conversations. And on top of it...he's so fine! LOL! But seriously, him being 21 drives me crazy! I would never think to go that young, but he is ahead of the curve already!

Last edited:
I look young to be 28. And being around a college campus, I am constantly getting hit on by youngin's. I'll fill a dude out and see what he's about. I won't shut a dude down, unless he has maturity level issues, or is just stupid young. Last dude I kicked it with was 24.

I actually have been interested in a 21 year old. His age is his ONLY problem. He is about to have two degrees, and is already accepted into med school. We have similar interests. He is very intelligent and well rounded, and we have great conversations. And on top of it...he's so fine! LOL! But seriously, him being 21 drives me crazy! I would never think to go that young, but he is ahead of the curve already!

My ex is similar to him. Mine had 2 bachelors and was working on getting his Masters. Mine was way ahead of the curve...this is what I'm thinking we need to be gunning those type of younger guys.

I will be 38 this month.. my hubby turned 32 last month.. we've been together 5 yrs, married 2. Ive never looked my age, so everyone thinks we're the same age.
Age has never been an issue between us and I can see his mature and immature ways, but like with any other relationship.. we work thru things...we balance one another out

I will be 38 this month.. my hubby turned 32 last month.. we've been together 5 yrs, married 2. Ive never looked my age, so everyone thinks we're the same age.
Age has never been an issue between us and I can see his mature and immature ways, but like with any other relationship.. we work thru things...we balance one another out

I don't either so that helps my situation. :giggle:

Yes, there are and I am glad I married one. I do not regret it. I have dated older, I have dated my own age, and he has been the most mature, and the best relationship I have been in. We complement each other well.

Last edited:
The only thing that may slightly differ is our music selection which is sometimes similar and sometimes don't but that is fine. We also come from different cultures which makes it fun because we have so much to share, compare, and teach one another.

Im dating a guy now and I'm 38 and he's 27 :blush:. He's mature in some ways and immature in other ways but emotionally we're at the same level. :ohwell:

I agree..similar age difference and thoughts regarding maturity level. Overall we click, better than any guy I've dated.

I've never dated a younger man/boy in my life. Now @ 35 years old, if I were single I might consider it but it would greatly depend on the individual. He would have to be wiser than his years and as successful moreso than someone his age.

I would never want to be the teacher or motherly figure in a relationship with a SO.

Bump.....:look:

Anyone else? Lately I've been getting hit on by much younger men..and umm.....they be looking real nice...:look:

I'm 32 and have been told I look 22-26. Anywhoo, the current pursuers are 26, 27, 30 and coughcough 24.. The 24 year old I wouldn't do much more with than grown folks stuff (but I'm not going to bc he really is a baby...a 6'5 chocolate one tho...:amen:).

I'm tempted to spend this summer having some fun with a youngin..the 26 yr.old is super sweet and mature, but my family would judge me if we dated and things got serious. 30 isn't that much of a difference I suppose.

For me it's always been hella older dudes or the youngins.

When I worked old job the teenage boys (like 16) tried to holler. Ot bragging I was thoroughly confused I didn't understand why they were doing so. Until my mom and I were out somewhere and met one of her friends and she told that I had graduated. And they said "from high school? Good for you!...College? You barely look 18!"

So now I get the 18-22 trying to holler. I gave one a fishing license the other day and he was talking about, "ey you like to fish? Let me know when you wanna go. I'll take you." Man I couldn't wait for him to leave so I could laugh!

But recently I have been crushing on younger men (the current turning 22 this year). And I don't understand why. The maturity I want isn't there. And I turn into a mother because of it. 4 years isn't that huge but in your 20s it can be. I think I'm at this weird stage where I'm not quite "adult" but I'm not a "young adult" anymore and it's driving me nuts.

Back