~*Cornrow Wearers...Come Here Pwease!*~

MyNameIsCiara

I decided to start doing cornrows (with synthetic hair) in my hair to get it long enough for a proper bun. I was wondering, how do I take care of them during the two weeks I will be wearing them? What is your regimen?

I plan on doing this on and off for a year...
smile.gif

HELP PLEASE!
laugh.gif

I wouldn't do cornrows continually if I was you. The stress might break the front and side of your hair then you'd look bald in the front. I get cornrows every so often. I usually use a watery leave in conditionner every day and oil my scalp every 2 days. Then I use a scarf as often as possible to keep it looking nice and neat-

See, what I was planning on doing was wear the braids for 2 weeks and then rest for 2 weeks and so on...

but thanks for the reply.

Tie them up every night...moisturize w/braid spray and light oil, or S-curl and light oil.

Ditto on deep conditioning between wearing them.

Hi
wave.gif

I wore cornrow extensions last Nov for 1 month. I rinsed my hair every other day & washed once a week. I sprayed African Pride braid spray x2 day on the length of hair and Surge with S-curl x1 day on my scalp. I have not worn cornrows since then but it is a good way to extend a relaxer. I agree with the other ladies that 2 weeks on then off would probably not be a good idea as it could ruin your hairline.

Go to the 'Hairlady's' website - I think it is called www.growafrohairlong.com
She has alot of good advice.

HTH

hey ciara! i am the cornrow queen. i wear them all the time 'cause they're easy/quick to do and don't have to stay in long. i have some in now! 4 things to know:

1) tie them up EVERY night to keep the frizzies away. satin or silk if possible.
2) keep them moisturized. i don't use braid spray. that stuff clogs ur pores. i use pink lotion or shea butter.
3) deep condition when u take them out.
4) DON'T cut the those flyaway hairs. u know when the stylist takes the scissors and randomly snips over ur whole head? some of that is actually ur hair. u could be cuttin into the middle of the strand.

good luck!

Back