Confident BUT Shy => often mistaken for a Snob

Ah! Checking in....

Yes, I have been mistaken for a b!tch, snob, mean, etc. It was even to a point that when I was in the military a new checkin (who later on I would be working with) got a bad impression on me. Apparently when she checked on board and I saw her I guess I looked mean...later on, I found out she told one of her friends (who was my friend but she didn't know), "Don't talk to Rachel, she's mean.):nono: I thought that was ignorant of her but oh well

Also I had another girl now my friend tell me when she first met me she though I was a b!tch. I had a guy tell me the same thing.

I think it's my facial features and that I just look mean:perplexed. But when it comes to guys I have no problem with it, I guess. If I make eye contact with a guy I smile and he smiles back. Then he approaches me.

Small talk is one thing I'm not very good at. I'm usually one of those one liner answwer folks. Yes. No. Ok. Then I look the other way. I just don't have much to say.

I also think of myself as an observer, too:yep:.

^^^ :lol: I've done that way too many times to count and I always promise myself, "next time you smile" and what do you think I end up doing...repeating the cycle.

Did he at least smile?

I'm not sure because I looked away too quick :lol:

I'm at that coffee shop at least once a week but never on Friday mornings, I'll think I'll go back next week :yep:

This will be my check in thread on my progress... today a man (who I wasn't attracted to) smiled at me and I smiled back. That's progress, right? :lol:

Ah! Checking in....

Yes, I have been mistaken for a b!tch, snob, mean, etc. It was even to a point that when I was in the military a new checkin (who later on I would be working with) got a bad impression on me. Apparently when she checked on board and I saw her I guess I looked mean...later on, I found out she told one of her friends (who was my friend but she didn't know), "Don't talk to Rachel, she's mean.):nono: I thought that was ignorant of her but oh well

Also I had another girl now my friend tell me when she first met me she though I was a b!tch. I had a guy tell me the same thing.

I think it's my facial features and that I just look mean:perplexed. But when it comes to guys I have no problem with it, I guess. If I make eye contact with a guy I smile and he smiles back. Then he approaches me.

Small talk is one thing I'm not very good at. I'm usually one of those one liner answwer folks. Yes. No. Ok. Then I look the other way. I just don't have much to say.

I also think of myself as an observer, too:yep:.

Oh goodness this is me.

The guy that I'm talking to now thought I HATED him because he said I would give him "mean" looks.

A few of my friends told me that they thought I was a snob when they met me too...

A lot of folks at my job think that I'm "stuck up" too...

Whatever...I don't think that I look "mean"....I mean am I supposed to walk around with a smile on my face all day looking like a damn nut?!

Oh goodness this is me.

The guy that I'm talking to now thought I HATED him because he said I would give him "mean" looks.

A few of my friends told me that they thought I was a snob when they met me too...

A lot of folks at my job think that I'm "stuck up" too...

Whatever...I don't think that I look "mean"....I mean am I supposed to walk around with a smile on my face all day looking like a damn nut?!

Girl just yesterday I had a guy who showed an interest in me last year that he wanted to talk to me again. I was dating someone around the time he asked me out but he saw me yesterday and he was like, "Hey how are doing?" and I said, "Fine and you?" he then says, "I be wanting to talk to you but you always look so mean." I was like, ":rolleyes: Oh lawd :rolleyes: here we go again..." and I just walked away from him :nono:.

I mean, am I supposed to walk around with a smiley face down the hall or down the street everyday? Really?

I am the same way. I am an extrovert around family. Pretty goofy, straight forward, and open.

When I don't really know someone or if I am just meeting them, I become an introvert until I find out more. So maybe this is more of an observation stage. Snob, mean, etc are some of the tags that come with that, and I am really neither.

I love to have fun and just laugh, but because I don't start out this way, people fail to realize it is a part of my personality. The thing I did different was learn how to strike up a general conversation and also to ask questions about them. Maybe if they open up, then I can find something that we can connect on.

Girl just yesterday I had a guy who showed an interest in me last year that he wanted to talk to me again. I was dating someone around the time he asked me out but he saw me yesterday and he was like, "Hey how are doing?" and I said, "Fine and you?" he then says, "I be wanting to talk to you but you always look so mean." I was like, ":rolleyes: Oh lawd :rolleyes: here we go again..." and I just walked away from him :nono:.

I mean, am I supposed to walk around with a smiley face down the hall or down the street everyday? Really?

I hate when guys say things like that. It seems so passive aggressive. :ohwell:

Back