Cone-free substitute for Aussie Moist?

Charla

Anyone loves AM as leave-in but decided to switch to cone-free products? If so, what did you replace it with?
My leave-in recipe is 2 tablespoons Aussie Moist, 1tbs avj, 2 teaspoons castor oil.

Thanks

Thanks, Ladies
Do these ingredients look current for TJ? Parabens are still included?

Conditioner*- Purified water, organic rosemary oil, organic valencia orange citrus, organic mango, organic lemongrass, organic ginko biloba, organic echinacea, organic willow bark, organic sea kelp, organic chamomile flower, organic textured soy protein, organic lavender, organic grapefruit citrus, Tocopherol (Vit E), Acetamide MEA, Cetyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, Methylparaben, propylparaben, botanical fragrance

VO5 anything! I like the Kiwi Lime Squeeze one, smells sooo good :3

ETA: oops I thought you meant for detangling lol disregarddd

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=196051
Here's a nice long list of cone free conditioners. But if you like Aussie so much why are you trying to replace it?

Thx for that link! AM does work great, but I'm trying to go cone free if I can find a good substitute. It's just another ingredient I'd like to do without if my hair still responds favorably without cones. I've already eliminated parabens.

Last edited:
Thanks, Ladies
Do these ingredients look current for TJ? Parabens are still included?

Conditioner*- Purified water, organic rosemary oil, organic valencia orange citrus, organic mango, organic lemongrass, organic ginko biloba, organic echinacea, organic willow bark, organic sea kelp, organic chamomile flower, organic textured soy protein, organic lavender, organic grapefruit citrus, Tocopherol (Vit E), Acetamide MEA, Cetyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, Methylparaben, propylparaben, botanical fragrance

Charla

I just threw out my last empty bottle so I don't know all of the ingredients exactly, but it did have parabens in it still; which is too bad since the other ingredients are good.
:nono:

[USER=88681 said:
Your Cheeziness[/USER];16579051]TJ Nourish and Spa is the bees knees. Tresemme Naturals conditioner is a close second.

[USER=333081 said:
MrsJaiDiva[/USER];16580981]Tresseme Naturals moisture conditioner...if anything it's Better than AM

[USER=8941 said:
SEMO[/USER];16583439]Like others, I switched from Aussie Moist to Tresemme Naturals.

[USER=73015 said:
manter26[/USER];16583477]Another vote for Tressemme!

Thanks! I didn't realize so many ladies like Tressemme! I actually use it for my cowashes. It's my favorite for that. But I saw on the board a while ago someone mentioned that they didn't think it was a good idea to use it as a leave-in because it contains sodium chloride. So I looked that ingredient up on tightlycurly.com. (Btw, that site actually promotes use of cones.)

What do y'all think? Is it possible that my mix in my OP would be enough to buffer the affects of the sodium chloride?
Sodium Chloride****(aka Table salt)*Caution*A corrosive in anything left in the hair. Used as a stabilizer, thickener, and cheap Ph adjuster [Begoun].*When salt water dries, it pulls water from skin and hair, and therefore may irritate it. Winter (7th ed.) pg 472, says that salt workers have lots of skin rashes.*Avoid in leave-in conditioners because salt is corrosive. However, in shampoos, if it's near the bottom of the ingredients list, it should be fine. --T*Source(s):*Begoun*Winter*

The sodium chloride in TN isn't an issue for me at all. In fact this is the only conditioner I can use as a leave-in. Everything else usually makes my hair feel heavy, gunky, and strangely enough dry...like its just sitting on top, doing not a damn thing. It does a great job of keeping my hair moist, and soft for the majority of the day. I also use it diluted with water, and mixed with CO in my spay bottle. I use it to spray my hair at night before going to bed. Your mix in the OP shouldn't be an issue at all.

I used to be wary of certain bad ingredients, but not so much anymore. It's good to be aware of ingredients and know what your hair needs, but at the end of the day, use what works. If your hair likes Tresemme, stick with it. You'll break the bank and wreck your brain trying to avoid this and that, when you could be skipping over or abandoning a gem for your hair. Tresemme is cheap and effective. I LOVED it for my natural hair. You find what's best for your hair and stick with it. If that's cones, so be it. If not, then you know how to move forward.

[USER=88681]Your Cheeziness[/USER] said:
I used to be wary of certain bad ingredients, but not so much anymore. It's good to be aware of ingredients and know what your hair needs, but at the end of the day, use what works. If your hair likes Tresemme, stick with it. You'll break the bank and wreck your brain trying to avoid this and that, when you could be skipping over or abandoning a gem for your hair. Tresemme is cheap and effective. I LOVED it for my natural hair. You find what's best for your hair and stick with it. If that's cones, so be it. If not, then you know how to move forward.

I definitely agree, and my #2 reason for my progress so far is that when I find what works, I stick to it instead of product hopping. Even in this case, Im not swearing off cones, but Id like to see if my hair can thrive without them because eventually Id like to move to all natural products, but again, ONLY if my hair can thrive on them...see my RT hair post.

I looked at my bottle of aloe and avocado TN and there is no sodium chloride in it. Then again, I don't use it as a leave in. I use Giovanni Direct or Shea Moisture Milk.

I'm ride or die for Aussie Moist. I tried to go cone free but hair didn't respond as well. I bought VO5 and Tresemme Naturals but they just don't work as well on my hair as Aussie Moist. I'm more against parabens than cones so I'm just going to stick with AM. If it ain't broke, I'm not trying to fix it!

I know this isn't my thread but I want to thank all the ladies who suggested TN! I was looking for a conditioner that could be a back up to my AM, so I tried this and love it so far. it did flake on me as a leave in admittedly, but it is just... ughh as a rinse out lol. my hair was so moist and was actually hanging. It is a potential staple for me now. :-)

I know this isn't my thread but I want to thank all the ladies who suggested TN! I was looking for a conditioner that could be a back up to my AM, so I tried this and love it so far. it did flake on me as a leave in admittedly, but it is just... ughh as a rinse out lol. my hair was so moist and was actually hanging. It is a potential staple for me now. :-)

Try diluting it in a spray bottle with water and using it as a leave in/moisturizer that way. Or apply it to your hair in the shower and do a quick run under the water to dilute it. Shake and go if you're natural.

Back