Comments, experience, or advice from anyone who has used or uses Redken products....

aquarian1252004

Any of you try the Redken "Fresh Curls" or "All Soft" product line?

Please provide your experience, comments, and advice here.

I'm interested in trying out something from Redken but can't decide which ("All Soft" or "Fresh Curls") will work better for my hair.

I am a natural 3c/4a and according to their website "prescription" at www.redken.com they recommend "all soft." But I think "fresh curls" will work better.

What do the ladies who have tried either line think?

Re: Comments, experience, or advice from anyone who has used or uses Redken products.

I tried the All Soft Line.... and was not impressed at all. Aubrey Organic's GBP, Elasta DPR-11, Keracare Humecto, Daily Defense Tender Apple, Aussie Moist, Affirm 5 n 1 all also made my hair feel softer and better conditioned. I had decided to use the All-Soft shampoo and conditioner as body wash...since they were nothing special, but my sister wants to try them. :grin:

HTH...

I'm mostly 4a, but with a little 3c and frizz

Re: Comments, experience, or advice from anyone who has used or uses Redken products.

I tried the all soft conditioner and it sucked big time. It made my hair hard and tangled

The soft line was okay but not worth the cost. There are many other products out there that work better and cost less. I would gladly pick up a bottle of inexpensive Sauve before this line.

I've tried the entire All Soft and Smooth Down lines and wasn't really that impressed. After awhile, the products did nothing at all for my hair even though they were good at first. With time, the products just sat there on my hair and scalp without any of the moisturizing or softening effects.

I tried the all soft conditoner and shampoo. These products did nothing for my hair. The conditioner was not softening or moisturizing at all. The only product I like from this line is the Smooth Down Heat Glide serum. Otherwise, my advice is to spend yoour money on another line like Kenra or Elucence.

Well right now I have had great experience with Nexxus which has become a staple (Ther, Botanoil, Keraphix, and Humectress)

I also have the Keracare line (1st lather, hydrating, & humecto).

I was looking for another excellent salon product line ('poo & cond combo) to add to my regiment rotation. You know to switch it up so my hair doesn't get content & complacent.

Which 'poos/cond enhance and soften curls?

Maybe I have enough already??? Maybe I really just want to feed my PJitis.

Thanks for any and all suggestions ladies . . . it means so much!

Last edited:
The only line I tried was the Smooth Down Line.
The shampoo was ok nothing compared to Elucence (best ever tried).
My hair hated the conditioner left it hard and tangled.
The Smooth Down Butter Treat is another story it's great very moisturizing and leave my hair soft.
The heat glide is my favorite serum for flatironing it gets a 10.

Thanks for the advice ladies you saved me money I don't think that I will be trying the Redken lines based upon your reccomendations. But, maybe I should try the Elucence product line.

Last edited:
Back