Come on in and see Mama Phinn's update

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
For folks that saw the March update thread, I'm copying the same info over for people who didn't see it and may have questions that's why this post may sound familiar.

My mom came to live with me a little over 2 years ago. She has really bad arthritis and can't do much with her hands so I took over her hair care.

When she got here her hair was all kinds of broken and crispy. Lengthwise, I'd say her hair started between 3 and 5 inches long, the breakage was random. She wouldn't let me take pics of her starting point because she thought all the hairboard stuff was nonsense.

She transitioned for about 16 months and then decided she wanted to relax again in July 08 for her 70th birthday.

She recently asked me to flat iron her hair and since I knew it definitely wasn't hitting the chair at the last pic, I figured it was a milestone worth sharing.

Growing up, I never saw her hair get long enough to brush her shoulders. Usually it was at the top of her neck.

ecupdate.jpg

Regimen - wash and condition once a week - Mom's hair loves whatever products I put in it. I put leave in and coconut oil on it and let it dry in a bun with the ends tucked under the pibbs. Every other day I'll put in some more leave in and put it back in a bun. She only wears her hair down on the way back from getting her touch ups and for special occaisions I'll rollerset it for her, but she's in buns 90% of the time.

I'm really impressed with your Mommy's progress! My mother is 74 and does NOTHING to her hair - which is in a natural TWA. Her hair could look great, but she thinks she just has "bad hair" and won't try to take care of it. However, just this afternoon, she asked me for some of my oil mix - she's tired of using Vaseline. One small step at a time...:ohwell:

Mama Phinn's hair looks GREAT. Happy belated birthday to her. Her birthday is 3 days before mine. Cancers in the building :grin:

Wow what a wonderful daughter you are
Great progress!!!

So Does your mother still think hair boards are nonsense LOL

Great work on ur mom's hair. My mom has taken my some of my suggestions and stretchs her relaxers and wears low mani styles. If I could just get her to stop putting her hair dryer and flat iron on high heat we would be in there, lol However, she went from thining NL to full thicker SL in under a year.

Your mothers hair has made great progress. I think it is a neat idea to use the back of the chair to measure her growth.

Back