Coconut milk on hair?

Curly Lee

Hi ladies I'm sorry if this is already a recent thread but I have 2 cans of coconut lying around my dorm (because I'm a PJ and it just sounded good.:grin:) and I was wondering what I could do with them. So how do you ladies use your coconut milk? What mixes do you use? how does it work on your hair!???

Isn't coconut milk one of the items used on those so-called natural relaxers? Doesn't it have lactic acid which, like citric acid work to loosen curls?

You could use it as a pre-poo.. Its really for protein so you could mix it with a deep conditioner and seal with an oil..process with heat (or not)...and wash off...
OR
You can use it after you shampoo..It works great and smells lovely

I have a Pre poo recipe that I use coconut milk and Avocado. I also add a little bit of honey. You just mix a cup of coconut milk and one avocado and a tbs of honey together then you warm it up in the microwave for about 45 seconds then put it on my hair. I let it sit for about 20 min then I shampoo it out.

I have a Pre poo recipe that I use coconut milk and Avocado. I also add a little bit of honey. You just mix a cup of coconut milk and one avocado and a tbs of honey together then you warm it up in the microwave for about 45 seconds then put it on my hair. I let it sit for about 20 min then I shampoo it out.

I did a similar pre poo a few weeks ago . i used avocado, coconut milk, honey, and I also added some olive oil and my hair came out wonderful.

Thanks for all the suggestions ladies!.....keep em coming if you're reading this and you have a different idea!

but this sounds yummmmmy, for hair that is. I can't wait to try. I'm trying to hold off and not be a pj :ohwell:...but.....*runs off to put in hair* :grin:

Back