closures, let's talk

belletropjolie

Can we please talk closures?

I took my weave out last week and I plan on getting another weave in about a month. For my next install I plan to use a closure.

I typically use kinky straight wefts so I plan on purchasing the Senghori Shells natural rhythms closure.

More to the point, I would like to discuss, how to get the best install. I don't just want to hand it to the weavologist and hope she does a good job.

What are the specific things I should be looking foe when I install. So far my research says to:
-bleach the knots, use concealer and thin out the top with a tweezer.

Any other recs? Can others with closure experience chime in? Any other recs on great kinky straight closures? TIA!

Disclaimer: I know I can go to BHM but I'm not a member there and I would rather discuss it here.

Look up bleaching closures on yt. Tweezing should only be done after the installation (you might not need to tweeze. Are you installing behind your hairline?

almost all just look very wiggish to me. last year or so i tried silk based closures and had my stylist put it in. she did a great job putting it in as she does a great job with my hair overall but it still looked wiggish. i tried concealer, tea, ect, but the part line was not the business. at that time i use to wear weaves back to back for almost a year. I always got the ur hair is so nice/pretty comment, people touching my hair,.. never a weave comment. then i tried the closure and a funny/stupid coworker walked past me and said "nice wig". lmao! I took that crap out the NEXT DAY!

Ok.. now for useful advice:
Make sure you buy the right density. a thinner one is better. install behind the hair line for a more natural look. no matter what you read online,..those long baby hairs don't look natural.. try to do something with them.

Make sure your stylist braids extra extra small in that area because the key is that you need a FLAT FLAT look. the smallest rise is a dead awkward give away.

if you have oily skin you'll have a hard time keeping the mesh/tape down. abort now if this a problem for you.

as for who does what,.. it matters what kind of stylist you go to and what ur price point is. pookie in the bronx will not be bleaching anything. and plus, you would have to drop it by the salon a day prior to be bleached, washed and dried. if ur spending big bucks in a bougie place then i guess they would do it for you. the average place i still think u would need to pay extra for that service because you are asking her to prepare the hair to ur liking. her job is to put it in and style it, not the extras. also, i think its best to do it yourself unless she is reaally good and does this all the time cuz if she gets the bleach on the hair or bleaches the entire mesh by accident then its ruined. u'll have to stain the mesh over and dye the hair over.

good luck!

almost all just look very wiggish to me. last year or so i tried silk based closures and had my stylist put it in. she did a great job putting it in as she does a great job with my hair overall but it still looked wiggish. i tried concealer, tea, ect, but the part line was not the business. at that time i use to wear weaves back to back for almost a year. I always got the ur hair is so nice/pretty comment, people touching my hair,.. never a weave comment. then i tried the closure and a funny/stupid coworker walked past me and said "nice wig". lmao! I took that crap out the NEXT DAY!

Ok.. now for useful advice:
Make sure you buy the right density. a thinner one is better. install behind the hair line for a more natural look. no matter what you read online,..those long baby hairs don't look natural.. try to do something with them.

Make sure your stylist braids extra extra small in that area because the key is that you need a FLAT FLAT look. the smallest rise is a dead awkward give away.

if you have oily skin you'll have a hard time keeping the mesh/tape down. abort now if this a problem for you.

as for who does what,.. it matters what kind of stylist you go to and what ur price point is. pookie in the bronx will not be bleaching anything. and plus, you would have to drop it by the salon a day prior to be bleached, washed and dried. if ur spending big bucks in a bougie place then i guess they would do it for you. the average place i still think u would need to pay extra for that service because you are asking her to prepare the hair to ur liking. her job is to put it in and style it, not the extras. also, i think its best to do it yourself unless she is reaally good and does this all the time cuz if she gets the bleach on the hair or bleaches the entire mesh by accident then its ruined. u'll have to stain the mesh over and dye the hair over.

good luck!

carmellela thanks so much for the response!!!

Do you mind sharing what type of closure you used.

also bumping for more recommendations on decent closures

Get a customized closure for density if buying the closure from a wholesale vendor aka Chinese vendors. 75-80 at the hairline gradually going to 90 throughout will give a more natural look. If going through an American vendor, glamour house of hair have nice looking closures that aren't thick looking.

So I did a lot of research and I am on the verge of getting the Senghori shells natural rhythms closure as I like kinky straight hair.

Has anyone had experience with this brand's closure or kinky straight closures in general? shockolate I am mentioning just in case.

I have a silk kinky straight closure. I liked the hair of the silk closure more than the wefts.

So I did a lot of research and I am on the verge of getting the Senghori shells natural rhythms closure as I like kinky straight hair.

Has anyone had experience with this brand's closure or kinky straight closures in general? shockolate I am mentioning just in case.

ive heard good things about the company but never personally used their hair.

bumping for virtue now because I have the same question!

I want to know because Im about to sign up for swimming lessons and I don't want to mess up my closure. I also want to be able to wash my hair underneath.

I wouldn't trust that YT company. I would head over to BHM to get more insight if i were you. Also, just because a texture says KS it might not match the SS that you have. I wash my closure using an aplicator bottle. I got one from sally's that has a needle nose type top and it gets inbetween the thread perfectly. I've never worn a U-Part. Only with weave. I don't understand the purpose of having a U-Part wig with a closure.

In a fb weave group I'm in, a member bought a closure from magic hair company and it was horrible. The company over bleached the closure causing the closure to bald quickly and no amount of sealing was going to stop the shedding. She tried contacting the company which was promptly ignored but the company was posting on fb. I believe at the end she never got her money back or a replacement.

Back