Cleaning your curling/flat irons..

naptrl

Dr. Naptrl :)
I don't know if you girls know this, but a lady told me this a while back and it's been a life saver. To clean your curling irons of all the gunk that can build up on them...Heat the curling iron up, un plug it and let it cool a little, then spray oven cleaner on it. Let the oven cleaner sit as long as possible, and then just wipe the curling iron off.. All the stuff will just come right off! Try it! It works wonders. your irons will be just like new again!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Also if you heat your irons and place them in your perm cream then wipe clean they will also look new again.

[ QUOTE ]
val1212 said:
Also if you heat your irons and place them in your perm cream then wipe clean they will also look new again.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's kinda scary to think that goes in hair!!

[ QUOTE ]
val1212 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this works very well. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I remember doing this many years ago, when I used to use spritz and hot curlers, to make my curls super crunchy. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

[ QUOTE ]
kitchen_tician said:
[ QUOTE ]
val1212 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this works very well. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I remember doing this many years ago, when I used to use spritz and hot curlers, to make my curls super crunchy. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, this works like a charm and it is quick too. Be careful not to enhale the fumes while cleaning though. I don't know if that is dangerous but better safe than sorry

Back