Clarify with aspirin!!

BrooklynSouth

I've just discovered via an AOL promo area on hair care that 5 aspirin in a quart of water is a good clarifyer. The instructions are to first shampoo as usual, rinse then apply the dissolved mixture of five aspirin in a quart of water, rinse then---{my suggestion} condition as usual. The aspirin supposedly clarifies and also removes the yellow from gray {I call it silver!} I'll try it after my Friday night shampoo. Salicylate acid works wonders for so many other things so why not?

I'll post on Saturday, Tanisha...looking forward to the aspirin experience. You are welcome Kini, hope the aspirin advice is for real.

I did the aspirin clarifyer last night. I did a deep conditioning on dry hair first using Capillo Milk and Honey then used the aspirin water. My scalp felt clean but my hair felt well coated with the con. Found research about the aspirin...great for post chlorine pool swimming {green hair} and removing the off colors from silver hair. Most people who use the aspirin also combine it with vinegar or baking soda as the aspirin converts to a mild vinegar-not recommended for color treated hair. No great raves but it'll probably take a few more tries to see better results:look:.

:bump: I've been plagued by an itchy scalp lately so I decided to try to exfolliate my scalp with the following mixture. I'm soaking with a heatcap on my head as I type. I'll wash an condition when I shower later. NOTE TO SHARE: the OP suggested that this is not good for color treate hair....whooops! :blush:

*5 crushed Aspirins *about 1/3cup of powdered whole milk *a firm squeeze of honey. Dissolved the powders with about 3/4cup of hot water before squeezing in the honey.

I enjoy taking milk baths to keep my skin smooth (the milk gently exfoliates and moisturizes).

Inspiration came from here: http://longhaircommunity.com/archive/showthread.php?t=21283

Has anyone noticed a surge of hair growth after a bout of itchyness?

Back