Clairol Natural Instincts (in Egyptian Plum)

outspokenwallflower

Anyone use this color from NI before? I want my hair color to be somewhat like the one on the box BUT I know a few ladies here have used Natural Instincts and I was hoping to get some reviews/opinions/pictures if ya'll had any. Any kind of response would be greatly appreciated!

Oh, and if you have used Egyptian Plum, did it create a red cast or a reddish/purple cast on your hair? Was it only visable in daylight? Did it darker your hair at all or only add that little gleam of color?:spinning:

I never used that particular color, but I recommend NI all the way! I will say you have to be careful with the undertones within the dye...Before I used NI I had this reddish brownish color in my hair and I thought auburn would make it more vibrant. It did the job but because brown colors have purple undertones my hair was super bright! The red in my hair caught the purple. I'm using midnight black now (that reddish brown color had to go!). Plum should have a reddish/purple cast. More so purple than anything because that's what plum is lol Hope this helps

I reviewed it in detail on my blog. It is a more reddish purple. I have jet black hair naturally so it only appeared in bright light.

Got a question.... Parts of my hair are light brown and parts of it are dark brown...will Egyptian Plum look too crazy and dramatic on the lighter area's? I know in general the color is supposed to be pretty dark, but I just don't want it to look 'too purple-ish' on the lighter areas or in bright lights.

If this might be the case, would using Rosewood (dark auburn brown) be a better option for me? It doesn't have the purple tones, I believe. Anyone ever use NI in Rosewood?

i have used the egyptian plum and some other color that was reddish. the egyptian plum was pretty. my hair is dark brown, and it made it darker, with a nice purple tint, not too dramatic or anything. it was pretty. i only use henna now, but if i colored i would definitely use this again! HTH. :)

p.s. outspoken, if your hair is light brown it may be more dramatic. check the color examples on the box to see how it would look :yep:

I just spent an hour putting NI Cherry Creme in and when I washed it out, the color washed with it LOL. Im a naturalista too so I left it in a little longer than 10 minutes, 20 minutes and nothing. Im disappointed and feel like I just wasted 8 bucks. I do have the say the after conditioner left my hair feeling niceeeeeeeeeee but well see once it dries.

BUMPING!!!

I really want to try this but I would like to know if any relaxed ladies use it.
Also, my hair is a sandy brown with gray hairs mixed in so I wonder if the Egyptian Plum would come out too purple.

TIA!!!!!

I tried this exact color 2 months ago and it didn't look exactly like the color reference on the box but very similar and I loved it. My hair is a reddish(almost rusty looking) dark brown and it made my hair darker w a hint of dark red/burgundy in the sunlight. I would def. Use it again!

Back